Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC Pro Card

Options
  • 20-05-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Guys,

Im just wondering if anybody knows how to get your hands on one of these? Its a card that professional make-up artists use which entitles them to a 30-40% discount off mac products. I've heard that they offer these cards at shows like IMATS (international make-up artists trade show)which have a mac pro stand. Im wondering if there are any professional shows in Ireland like this where you could possibly get a mac pro card?

Cheers:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah, I was going to go to IMATS to get a pro card but it was v expensive to buy the ticket and I was scared of how much I'd spend there. I'm gonna go next year I hope though.

I suppose you're not a professional anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ilovelamp81

No Im not a pro, but have a passion (addiction :) ) to make-up. Im actually looking into doing a make-up course, but the few I've looked at are really expensive. Its something I'd really love to do as a hobbie, so I don't want to spend a bomb on it!
    Do you know are there any shows like that in Ireland? I've checked the web but cant find anything? Are you a pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't think the pro card offers that much a discount. I thought it was more like 20-25%.

They can give you a form in BT's for the card. I think you need to prove you're in the industry but you could always chance your arm.

The trade show is absolutely fab though if you're anyway into make-up (more so film and special effects) and you can get some seriously mad stuff there. And they have great speakers. But yeah, get ready to blow A LOT of cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No Im not a pro, but have a passion (addiction :) ) to make-up. Im actually looking into doing a make-up course, but the few I've looked at are really expensive. Its something I'd really love to do as a hobbie, so I don't want to spend a bomb on it!
    Do you know are there any shows like that in Ireland? I've checked the web but cant find anything? Are you a pro?

No, I just love make up and did a course last year. You have probably seen www.Specktra.net, if not, it's a really good forum for make up (esp Mac) discussion. You might have a better reponse there.

I've never seen any shows like that in Ireland, I'd say the closest things would be those Fashion Shows they hold in the RDS. Larianne might know more, she's a make up artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MoreThanMakeup

Hi there,
    to get my MAC pro card I submitted a business card and a letter on headed paper from the hair salon I was with at the time to prove that I was a make-up artist but there are other forms of proof they accept too which are detailed on the form. They also give discounts to other industry professionals like nails artists and hairdressers and but the discount is smaller. I get 30% in BT's Dublin - Ireland's only 'Pro' store, 35% in Mac in Soho in London and 40% in the Pro store in New York ( not all Mac counters are 'Pro stores'). You can also order from the UK by phone for mail orders. There is a charge for the card - think around €50 but not sure - but if you buy alot of MAC then it's well worth it.
    If you email them they will send details www.promembershipuk@mac-cosmetics.co.uk
    Happy make-up shopping :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Hi Guys,

Im just wondering if anybody knows how to get your hands on one of these? Its a card that professional make-up artists use which entitles them to a 30-40% discount off mac products. I've heard that they offer these cards at shows like IMATS (international make-up artists trade show)which have a mac pro stand. Im wondering if there are any professional shows in Ireland like this where you could possibly get a mac pro card?

Cheers:D

apparently this has been discontinued.

http://lollipop26writes.blogspot.com/2009/06/dont-shoot-messenger.html

Advertisement