Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need accommodation urgently

Options
  • 20-05-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I have just got a job in Dublin city centre on a 6 month contract - on a three day week (experimental kind of thing). The days are Mon, Tue and Wed. So I'm looking for accommodation for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday each week for 6 months - starting on 1st June. Anyone know where I could get this type of accommodation. Don't want to use a hotel or B&B as too expensive. Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Id say you have 3 options.
    1) Student Digs where you share a house with the landlady ( she might even cook you evening meals for a few quid extra ). Some of them don't mind if someone is only staying 3 nights a week ( in many ways it suits them as they like to have the house to themselves for a bit )

2) Come to an arrangement with a B&B. Not all are as expensive as you think and if you are guaranteeing them 3 nights occupancy for 6 months on some of the quietest nights of the week (Sun, Mon,Tue)then there is definitely a deal to be done. Tell them you don't want brekkie either, just room only and you should certainly get something.

3) Some Dublin hotels are doing good offers at the moment- over on the Bargain Alerts forum there are offers for D4 hotels, around €49 per night. Again, if you are offering occupancy for 3 nights a week x 6 months there is a deal to be done. Some hotels are having a really rough time at the moment and this summer could be their worst for years. Take full advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

I have just got a job in Dublin city centre on a 6 month contract - on a three day week (experimental kind of thing). The days are Mon, Tue and Wed. So I'm looking for accommodation for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday each week for 6 months - starting on 1st June. Anyone know where I could get this type of accommodation. Don't want to use a hotel or B&B as too expensive. Any advice would be great.

Short term apartments, not sure if its ideal for your scenario but I have used the ellis quay ones and they're grand.

www.ellisapartments.com

www.staydublin.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

You can rent a room in a house for about €90 per week. I know of such a room in Booterstown. It is on the Dart line and QBC. It would have the advantage of allowing you store items and stay around the odd weekend. You would also be able to stay around and look for other jobs on you day off.

You can rent a room in a house for about €90 per week. I know of such a room in Booterstown. It is on the Dart line and QBC. It would have the advantage of allowing you store items and stay around the odd weekend. You would also be able to stay around and look for other jobs on you day off.

And he'd be able to cook himself food etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chapelizod1

Have you tried posting an ad on www.getdigs.ie or daft.ie or myhome.ie? That would be your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Erm, will you be staying at the job for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday? If not, would staying in a house in Leixlip be any good to you? There's bus and rail from Leixlip to Dublin city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jess61067

Hi there,
    I have a room available - easy going house, train station into town only 15min away, willing to negociate rent? or did you get fixed up?

Advertisement