Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters

Options
  • 20-05-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Someone told me today that the cost for the posters in Ireland is around the €7 million mark. Tell me this is incorrect, please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

yep €15 a pop but the party themselfs pay for the posters through collections..

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

now that all the nonsense is over, isn't there a deadline to have all posters taken down or else heavy fines?

can someone tell me how long that is

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Someone told me today that the cost for the posters in Ireland is around the €7 million mark. Tell me this is incorrect, please.

2000 plus candidates multiplied by x number of posters = a lot. I suppose it could come to €7m
    ji wrote: »

€8 a pop and I paid for them myself!
    smegmar wrote: »
    now that all the nonsense is over, isn't there a deadline to have all posters taken down or else heavy fines?

can someone tell me how long that is

Posters must come down seven days after polling. In this case, Friday June 12th.

The fine is €150 per posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

In my area, the posters cost €2.50 each and the party pays for around 25-33% of the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Posters must come down seven days after polling. In this case, Friday June 12th.

The fine is €150 per posters.

Well Pat The Dope will be fined a fortune so. He has plastered the West with "Thank You" posters over the past 2 days.

• Advertisement

Well Pat The Dope will be fined a fortune so. He has plastered the West with "Thank You" posters over the past 2 days.

Only if reported.....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

What a waste. They should be banned in future elections. Some candidates had so many posters that it was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

ji wrote: »

Isn't some degree of funding furnished by the exchequer?

stesh wrote: »
    Isn't some degree of funding furnished by the exchequer?

Yes, but that money is for running the organisation, not elections. Office, employment cost, national policy campaigns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Posters for the referendum are just ridiculous! not only are the every where but they are and absolute eye soar!!! Big "NO"'s and "YES"'s everywhere. I hope each organisation takes down they're posters ASAP!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement