Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed please!

Options
  • 20-05-2009 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am going to America on soon and I would like to buy a 3G unlocked 8GB iphone over there which im presuming will be easy enough but i have a meteor bill pay phone at the moment. Can I put my sim card into an unlocked 3G iphone? I dont know much about this so all advice is welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd say the first part of the plan is flawed anyway. 2 year contract with AT&T, US Credit Card and Social security number required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rolo4me

You can buy just the iphone with no contract or commitments needed in small electrical stores in the US. You just have to find the right shop! However I could buy it on ebay, I'm not fussy how I get it, I just want to know it will work when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

rolo4me wrote: »
    You can buy just the iphone with no contract or commitments needed in small electrical stores in the US. You just have to find the right shop! However I could buy it on ebay, I'm not fussy how I get it, I just want to know it will work when I do.

I dont think this will work, american phones are not unlocked and any new phone will come with the latest software or a high risk of having the new software and so you wont be able to software unlock the phone either

Advertisement