Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer will not download

Options
  • 20-05-2009 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Folks,

Strange thing has started to happen to my laptop.
    The other day when I was trying to open a file in Utorrent a message popped up stating that it was unable to save the file to the folder.
    I thought this was a problem with Utorrent and reinstalled it.

Then yesterday I was downloading an attachment through firefox and for some reason that didn't work, same goes for Chrome.
    It looks like the download has finished but when I right click and try to open folder by location it wont work, then I go to the folder manually and the file is not there.

It seems that the download functionality on the laptop isn't working and for what reason I'm unsure.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Have you run out of space on your hard disk? What was the error uTorrent gave you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Uninstall AVG and reinstall the latest version.

Am I right?

I think I might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

sounds like either the hard drive is full or the permissions need to be checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

snappieT - Yea thats something i didnt check, I wouldnt think that the hard drive is full, windows usually gives you a warning when its nearly full, but I will check it when I get home.
    The torrent error just says that "unable to save .torrent to c:/ ......." Cheers.

RoadKillTs - You might be onto something here, my AVG subscription ran out when this all strarted to happen. AVG dosnt seem to be free anymore so I turned it off and installed PC Tools AntiVirus which I was advised was a good one.
    So if I un-install AVG do you think this will fix the problem.

Hi,

Ya just uninstall it.

• Advertisement

I had a few problems with AVG in the past, it seems to be very problematic !!

Every since it went to version 8, its been a total pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You should fully uninstall an Anti Virus before installing another one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Hi All,

Just uninstalled all anti virus i.e.AVG and pc tools. Then reinstalled PC tools and everything is working again fine.

Thanks for all the advice.

Advertisement