Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Headset? D-C's?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi

Can anyone recommend a suitable headset for fixed wing?
    I am looking at David Clark H10-20, H10-30 & H10-60.

The H10-60 is a bit dearer than the other two, but dont know if its worth the extra?

Has anyone any advice on these?

Thanks,
    Jonny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Why not the H10 13.4? It's the lightest of the range which becomes important after a long day's flying. The 20 is similar but heavier, the 30 is old now and heavier and the 60 has features you probably will never need and a lot heavier.

I use the 13.4 and unhesitatingly recommend it. But if I was buying again and could afford it. I would go for a noise cancelling headset.

People will recommend all kinds of headsets. But there's reasons that DCs a popular. They are reliable, but when they do break are easily fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Try www.aviationandaircraft.com or flyinginireland.com , more pilots on them sites. Personally I have the DC H10-13.4 And they are quite good. Comfortable and durable. Out of the ones you've listed I recommend the h10-20 (I have also used that model on occasion)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Bose X, no competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesweeney

Bose are a total rip off...unless...you fly everyday. I which case its a good investment. David clark if its just fun/leisure flying

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Bose will last you a long time.... If you value your comfort, hearing, etc then go for Bose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I use DC h10 13s really Comfortable Bose are good but there a bit on the pricey side.

You should check out these websites www.sportys.com www.skygeek.com i bought my flight bag/headset of those websites much cheaper than buying them here even when you include shipping.

If your just starting out flying dont spend mad money on a headset most people i know including commercial pilots use DC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Plus (whatever number it is) for the H10 13.4, great pair of cans. Ditto on the Bose being a rip off! Still look at ebay and see how much they are there. or look at Transair Pilot Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

bing2385 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a suitable headset for fixed wing?
    What kind of flying are you going to be doing, whats your budget?

Definetly go for a headset with Active Noise Reduction, its worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

My DC H10-13s have been problem free over my training. Comfy and the gel ear seals are handy in hot and sweaty environments.

Bose are good too but the extra money you would spend on them could pay for another two lessons.

I got mine from Sporty's but Transair are also good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Also try http://www.tagpilotsupply.com/ I found them good.
    Bose are excellent, by far the most advanced and comfortable with great ANR but for the average private pilot, they aren't worth the money. I mean, to justify spending 500e on them you would need to be a commercial pilot in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement