Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Protection

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Iv searched but cant find anything so just wondering what people use to protect their tattoos against sun damage?

Going away on a sun holiday so dont want any fading..

Are those zinc sticks like cricket players use ok to use?
    Or is their a particular sunscreen i should use?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I will be using all out sun block when i depart on my sun holiday :)

But i burn crazy easy and dont wanna take any risks

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

im the same.. so i want to protect it as much as i can

can you get those zinc sticks anywhere?

No clue, why don't ya just use sun block? Easier to find and probably cheaper

Or you could eliminate all worry and wear light long sleeved shirts or trousers? wherever your ink is

ye so long as regular sun block is ok then i'll just do that!

its my inner arm so wont even get much sun.. hopefully!

the joys of dull weather!

I think uv a and b protection is needed so make sure ya find some with that in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah, i'm like a milk bottle and always need the factor 40+ when i'm away.

i lash on a lot normally but i put a bit more on my tattoos and make sure to top it up regularly.

you wouldn't really need the zinc stick thing, as will said, sun block itself is well enough. just make sure it's a decent brand and a high factor.

tescos has ambre solaire products at half price and BOGOF at the moment (that's not a plug, it's not my fault i work there and anyway, every little helps!)

:eek:

what has tes***** done to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

home today and i used spf50 and its still crisp

whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

If ya want use savlon for when your out of the sun,ive a few tattoos,some have never been in the sun other than irish sun but my others have had the sun in spain and i used savlon wen i was out of the sun and just normal sun cream nothing to special,either way the sun does affect for tattoo a bit but it all depends on how long your out in the sun and you wont notice it at first (i googled "does the sun affect your tattoo")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ramo

On a similar note, kind off....my daughter has very sensitive skin with eczema, but someone brought back Hawaiian Tropic sunblock for kids/babies from the US which is factor 60+ and is the only one which doesn't irritate her skin at all. the only problem is we can't find it here in Ireland...but it should be a good bet for tattoos. If anyone knows where to get it I'd appreciate a shop name..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i got the top my tattoo burnt on holidays *sniff* obv factor 30 is to lilttle for my ginger self! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

emo!! wrote: »
    i got the top my tattoo burnt on holidays *sniff* obv factor 30 is to lilttle for my ginger self! :P

Same here--Factor 50 all the way.My wife wasnt impressed with me using the kids sunblock :D:D:D
    Us gingers need Factor 100++++

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Same here--Factor 50 all the way.My wife wasnt impressed with me using the kids sunblock :D:D:D
    Us gingers need Factor 100++++

Wait... you're one of them too??? :eek:
    So I'm the only one of the mods who is normal? :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

No your the abnormal one--Did your Mammy never tell you, you were special????

Gingers rule!!If you want to dye your hair you too can become a ginger.

Remember Gingers(and fat girls) need love too!!

I have ginger hairs in my chin-beard... does that count? :pac:

haha damo, haha

while in greece i liberally applied factor 30 & then 50 cos i got burninated. Ink didn't see the sun that much

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Well if you bleach dark hair it'll go a fine shade of ginger, almost orange really. So there's hope for you yet :p

Best not try just in case tho, eh? ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Oh the advantages to being a fake ginger - I don't burn! :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Best not try just in case tho, eh? ;):p

Well you could overdo it on the bleach and just burn all the hair off your head, not sure which would be worse tbh :pac:

*runs away before Will gets back*

you can run but you can't hide :p

ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

gingers rawk

where is zee banhammah!!

Will wrote: »
    ha

ooooohhh!! well if that's not abusing your mod powers I don't know what is!!! :eek: :pac:

check your previous posts :)

Will wrote: »
    check your previous posts :)

That's what I was referring to, thought I'd hit multiquote :o

Advertisement