Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi/bus to Newlands Cross

Options
  • 19-05-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I'll be in Dublin next month on a Monday night but we're staying in Bewley's in Newlands Cross. How much approx is a taxi from the city centre to Bewleys, I'm guessing it could well be €30+, which I can't afford, hence why we're staying all the way out in Newlands Cross for a €69 room! I know the luas runs until 12.30am but what bus, if any runs after 12.30 & what bus # is it! Any advice, thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

If you walked up to Jurys ChristChurch and got a taxi from there, get off at the lights at Newlands, it would probably only cost you a little over €20, defo not €30. Its a very straight run and with little or no traffic. Not sure if this is any help

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

http://www.luas.ie/timetable.php The last one leaves at 12.30. Bit of a walk from redcow to newlands. Dont think dublinbus operate that late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

You could get the 69N to Clondalkin village, that would still leave you with a 15 minute walk though.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/69n/

Edit: Just saw you're staying Monday night, the 69N only runs Friday and Saturday so that's ruled out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It'd be about €17-18 at night in a taxi..

The last Luas leaves at 12.40 on a Monday I thought. Maybe 5-10 minute depending on how straight you can walk from the Red Cow Luas:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

get the luas to the red cow and then you could pick up a taxi for about €7 ish to the newlands hotel .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

get the luas to the red cow and then you could pick up a taxi for about €7 ish to the newlands hotel .

Point to note here; OP mentions "we" so it is anything from 2-4 people traveling. Luas fares from town to Red Cow are €2.10 single and €4 return so a Luas and taxi from Red Cow may not work out much cheaper than a taxi from town alone if it is 3 or 4 traveling and for piece of mind.

Of course, if it's only him and here, it isn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Thanks all, seeing as it should not be any more than €20, we should be able to stretch to a taxi !

Advertisement