Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Phones

Options
  • 19-05-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Just been into carphone warehouse in arthurs quay today and noticed they are selling some phones for pretty cheap , one noticeable that stood out was the samsung u990 SOUL for a 109euro think it has a 5 mega pixel they have about 20 or more phones that they are selling fairly cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

would recommend that particulat chainstore. I bought a laptop a modem and phone there at christmas. The phone stopped working within a week, was fixed, then had to replaced a week later, then the new replacement phone had to be replaced the following week. Two weeks later the modem stopped working, about ten visists to shop, a lot of phonecalls, a threat to go to ombudsman and local paper - SIX weeks later, got my replacement modem. Oh and i had to remind them about the 20E voucher they were had promised me to get me off the phone one day. (i bought credit out of the voucher by way)
    Maybe i just had a really bad experience and i was just VERY unlucky, but it seemed to me as if staff dont have a clue about what they selling and they are selling shoddy goods.
    Didnt even get an apology from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Birdie086 wrote: »
    would recommend that particulat chainstore. I bought a laptop a modem and phone there at christmas. The phone stopped working within a week, was fixed, then had to replaced a week later, then the new replacement phone had to be replaced the following week. Two weeks later the modem stopped working, about ten visists to shop, a lot of phonecalls, a threat to go to ombudsman and local paper - SIX weeks later, got my replacement modem. Oh and i had to remind them about the 20E voucher they were had promised me to get me off the phone one day. (i bought credit out of the voucher by way)
    Maybe i just had a really bad experience and i was just VERY unlucky, but it seemed to me as if staff dont have a clue about what they selling and they are selling shoddy goods.

Did you mean to say that you would NOT recommend that chainstore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Those are some pretty good reccommendations there all right. In relation to phones, have a look on ebay. Just picked up a Sony Ericsson C702 for €95 incl postage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Ya meant to say i wouldn't recommend them, must start checking my posts before posting. old habits die hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I can back that story up I was there when they promised her the world just to get rid of her.
    I can also back up the fact Birdie086 can't spell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There are concerns that Carphonewarehouse will not last through the next 8 months so buying a phone from that company in Ireland at least is a danger.

Advertisement