Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof rack

Options
  • 19-05-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Im looking for a roof rack for a 3dr nissan almeria,anybody know where to get one cheap? i was quoted 160euro, which seems mad money. id rather a proper rack though and not the strapy thing a ma jigs!
    any one any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

micksgarage.ie you'll get one for €99 and if you put in this code and pretend your a member of bmw drivers forum you'll get 10% off! Your wellcome!

MG35675

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

cheers Donal but they are looking for nearly 200 squids for one!!!!

http://www.micksgarage.ie/CarSpec.aspx?mode=drilldown&DeptID=120&Make=Nissan&BaseModel=&Year=&Engine=&PetrolDiesel=&TypeID=&MODEL=Almera%203-Door%20Hatchback%202000%20Onwards

This is way outa my price range,Anyone else know anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Sorry about that man I checked for a focus and octavia and they were both €100 so I presumed it'd be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

I was in a similar position, instead of a hard roof rack i went with a soft rack instead, 50odd quid well spent.

cheers JKL, im not sure about them a couple of week a saw a car heading down the M4 and the front of the boards were nearly vertical,:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i guess they hadn't fitted it right. It was really scary looking. i might have to go down that road though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Problem is you car is a 3 dr, so special fitting required for the rear bar, alla expensive.

Get yourself a softrack, as long as the board is tied correctly and tightly it should not cause a problem. Might weep a bit if it rains heavily tough as a softrack goes though the vehicle.

Is a soft rack ok for a three door?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

my back windows opened slightly, which left loads of room to pop the strap through.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Mate had a civic and we managed to fit a soft rack under the hatch back. It was very secure, but don't know if it would work on an Almera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I got one for 5-door Almera, but was able to fit it onto my 4-door saloon. The measurements given weren't for a saloon, but the brackets attached fine to the roof.
    I just had to tweak the postioning of the clamps on the bars & was all set.

It was €90 in a Car shop in Galway, the one at the Tesco shopping centre - not sure if they have any more for that model or if it would fit a 3-door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement