Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza in Port....

Options
  • 19-05-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭

Why is there no decent pizza chain in Portarlington, and what can we do to get one? I really miss the odd four star/dominos/pizza hut pizza, and i'm rarely over in Portlaoise to get one.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

budhabob wrote: »
    Why is there no decent pizza chain in Portarlington, and what can we do to get one? I really miss the odd four star/dominos/pizza hut pizza, and i'm rarely over in Portlaoise to get one.

jeez... pizza hut do decent pizzas???

personally i find the roma pizzas lovely. Id prefer them to any of the four youve mentioned above.

I havent tried pizzas from the kebab place near the RC church yet, but its supposed to be nice.

Also, pinheads pizza in monasterevan is quite nice and probably closer to the type gotten from the pizza chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jeez... pizza hut do decent pizzas???

personally i find the roma pizzas lovely. Id prefer them to any of the four youve mentioned above.

I havent tried pizzas from the kebab place near the RC church yet, but its supposed to be nice.

Also, pinheads pizza in monasterevan is quite nice and probably closer to the type gotten from the pizza chains.

I've tried pizza from which ever of the places put a flier in my door, and it was grand, but a bit bland. So not sure if it was Roma or not, i'll have to double check. i just find the chains more likely to give offers, and hence better value (and range). I just find it unusual that none are there, considering the amount of take aways already located.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

budhabob wrote: »
    I've tried pizza from which ever of the places put a flier in my door, and it was grand, but a bit bland. So not sure if it was Roma or not, i'll have to double check. i just find the chains more likely to give offers, and hence better value (and range). I just find it unusual that none are there, considering the amount of take aways already located.

yeah, you have a fair point about offers.. theres none available anywhere in Port AFAIK...

Port will have, on my counting, 11 different 'take away' options (including Chinese and Indian) by the end of the year.... amazing considering the population of the town...

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Port will have, on my counting, 11 different 'take away' options (including Chinese and Indian) by the end of the year.... amazing considering the population of the town...

Thats class.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Drive 5 miles to Monasterevin, Pinheads Pizza is definitely wort a try.

• Advertisement

ROS123 wrote: »
    Drive 5 miles to Monasterevin, Pinheads Pizza is definitely wort a try.

ok cool, i'll give it a try so.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

I know what you mean though, I'd sometimes kill for a Dominos and Pinheads or Roma just don't hit the mark. We were having a few drinks here one night and ordered a pizza from Pinheads and it cost 20 euros for delivery. A bit steep for a five mile run imo.

Minxie123 wrote: »
    I know what you mean though, I'd sometimes kill for a Dominos and Pinheads or Roma just don't hit the mark. We were having a few drinks here one night and ordered a pizza from Pinheads and it cost 20 euros for delivery. A bit steep for a five mile run imo.

Ya, i keep reading of chains expanding in recent months, but i'm always sorely disappointed when they never mention port. And everyone living there obviously has a liking towards take away.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No need for a big Pizza chain in Port...wouldn't be the right market for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Pizza's from Marios Restaurant are fabulous !!!

Mario's is located in the Square of Port - upstairs of After Dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

valpuk wrote: »
    Pizza's from Marios Restaurant are fabulous !!!

Mario's is located in the Square of Port - upstairs of After Dark.

Do you know if they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi Minxie123

No I dnt think they do.
    If you are lookin for somewhere to go for early meal some night i'd recommend to go there, they have a fabulous menu (also early bird menu)
    All of their food is completly homemade - beautiful ingredients.
    I definately recomment their caesar salad !

Advertisement