Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FitzGerald Stadium Upgrade

Options
  • 19-05-2009 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

does anyone have pics/plans/artists impressions of what the new and improved FitzGerad Stadium will look like? I am only getting fleeting glances as I drive passed it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

dmeehan wrote: »
    does anyone have pics/plans/artists impressions of what the new and improved FitzGerad Stadium will look like? I am only getting fleeting glances as I drive passed it
    very nice only complaint is that it makes outside picth useless

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I wonder who will be doing the official opening on June 7th. It does kind of seem appropriate that it will be opened to a Kerry -v- Cork match in my opinion.

and from kerrygaa

"Fitzgerald Stadium Gets Ready for June 7th.

Well, regardless of whether its Cork or Waterford who provide the opposition, the new developments in Fitzgerald Stadium will be unveiled to the public on June 7th when the semi final of the Munster GAA Championship takes place (2.00 p.m.).Construction work, which has been ongoing for the past seven months, is due for completion in mid May and players and patrons alike will be able to see at first hand the new terracing, dressing rooms and associated works. Among the changes are the following:Extension of terracing at Lewis Rd end as far as the stand. The terracing is designed in such a way as to allow its continuation along the stand side if and when the stand is upgraded.Spectators will enter new terracing through a tunnel at ground level or through stairways to the centre of the terrace. There is also additional entrance/exit stairs to the old terracing at the rear of the Lewis Rd goal.The new terracing will accommodate an additional 4,000 spectators bringing stadium capacity to 43,000.There are 4 large dressing rooms underneath the new terrace with individual showering and toilet facilities. Each player will have individual changing areas as in Croke Park. There is also provision for medical and physio staff as well as a separate area for mentors.Players will now exit the dressing rooms via a tunnel.There are 3 levels in all underneath the new Terrace. Level 1 has the dressing rooms and shops at the rear of the terrace.Level 2 has very spacious meeting rooms for Stewards, Gardaí, Drug Testing and a Press Room for post match interviews which has a stairway direct to dressing room area.The top level, accessed by lift or stairs, is made up of a Control Tower for crowd control and monitoring and there is also a spacious room overlooking the pitch for TV match analysis.The main entrance area from Lewis Rd has been extended with facilities for selling match tickets on match day.On the stand side, there are new entrance/exit stairs at the scoreboard end of the stand.New wheelchair facilities are located in the stand with lift access.There is a new seating area for substitutes/mentors in the stand adjacent to the VIP area in the middle of the stand.The pitch itself is in absolute pristine condition following a 6 months break from playing activity.All entrance areas adjacent to the new terracing have been tar-macked.The next phase of development will consist of new terracing at the scoreboard end.So it can now be said that the Kerry teams have probably the best facilities in the country, outside of Croke Park, available to them. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

they had pictures of it in the Kingdom last week, but weren't very good though.
    didn't show the new terrace as viewed from the pitch

Advertisement