Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Final 27th May

Options
  • 18-05-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere good in town putting on something special for this match or in general would be a good place to watch the game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Molly Malones on Ellen st. Buy one get one free for the entire game and complimentary food at half time.
    I'd imagine Smyths and Clohessy's would have a good atmosphere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Ya I was in Smyths last year and it was a good atmosphere. Probably head in there again for it next week unless I hear of a better alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

I watched it last year in the big Flannerys across from ICON. They have a massive screen inside and plasmas in the courtyard. The place was fairly busy and the atmosphere was electric. The only downers was we lost the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The Stillhouse!

knockon wrote: »
    I watched it last year in the big Flannerys across from ICON. They have a massive screen inside and plasmas in the courtyard. The place was fairly busy and the atmosphere was electric. The only downers was we lost the match.

The pillars in the room usually blocks some of the screen. Depending where you are sitting tho..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭seandugg

YFlyer wrote: »
    The Stillhouse!

Met some rowdy characters in the still house last time I watched a game there so would steer clear

seandugg wrote: »
    Met some rowdy characters in the still house last time I watched a game there so would steer clear

As a Spurs man its the best place. Yeah heard that some united head was barred from there the night liverpool kicked their arse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Watched it in Mickey Martins last year and was good craic. Not the best place for watching a match so might head somewhere bigger next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Avoid The Cornmarket, watched the 2007 and 2008 final in there, both times over-run with scummers. Best places are either the new Flannerys on Denmark St or Smyths on same street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

grenache wrote: »
    Avoid The Cornmarket, watched the 2007 and 2008 final in there, both times over-run with scummers. Best places are either the new Flannerys on Denmark St or Smyths on same street.

+1 for avoiding the Cornmarket

Not much fun standing outside a pub that has been closed for 6 months just hoping that someone will come along and open it in time for the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Shame about the Cornmarket really, I thought it was quite an alright spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

DarkJager wrote: »
    Shame about the Cornmarket really, I thought it was quite an alright spot.
    Jaysis I never knew the cornmarket had closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Chong wrote: »
    Jaysis I never knew the cornmarket had closed down.

Yeah, its gone a while now! Thought the screen they had in there was great for the matches, not to mention that it was virtually scumbag free most weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

not a huge soccer gal but id often go out with lads watching a match.places like the stillhouse/mojo/charlies would get the scummier soccer crowd i.e think their british beer boy yobs.mickeys,big flannerys,small flannerys,dolans would get a nicer soccer crowd if you get me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

and the bitter end would be young and scummy too.pity 3 euro beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    +1 for avoiding the Cornmarket

Not much fun standing outside a pub that has been closed for 6 months just hoping that someone will come along and open it in time for the match.
    I've been out of the city for nearly a year, had no idea it was closed down. It wasn't a bad spot at weekends, but for any big match it was just a scum magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

C'MON UNITED!!!!!!!! Staying on topic ill be in Smyths for it. Great night last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

aya14 wrote: »
    Molly Malones on Ellen st. Buy one get one free for the entire game and complimentary food at half time.
    I'd imagine Smyths and Clohessy's would have a good atmosphere too.

Really?
    Is it for any drinks?
    Might pop in:)

Advertisement