Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVDs Worth Getting?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Been rewatching The Wire on my PS3, pretty annoying that even though I've an old 4:3 TV the PS3 messes up and I can't have the video fullscreen without cutting some of the picture out.
    Anyway, just wondering how the DVDs look on a 16:9 television and if overall the DVDs are worth buying when I already have another version lying around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

for me the dvds are worth having. some of the directors commentary are priceless and the 2 half hour shows on the final discs of series 4 and 5 are pretty interesting. and on a cheesy note i fell proud to own a copy of the greatest tv show made to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the dvd's are worth having and they can be picked up for very reasonable prices now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

amacachi wrote: »
    Been rewatching The Wire on my PS3, pretty annoying that even though I've an old 4:3 TV the PS3 messes up and I can't have the video fullscreen without cutting some of the picture out.
    Anyway, just wondering how the DVDs look on a 16:9 television and if overall the DVDs are worth buying when I already have another version lying around.

I think the DVDs are the same arent they? It was shot in for a 4:3 screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

kearnsr wrote: »
    I think the DVDs are the same arent they? It was shot in for a 4:3 screen

Yeah I know the DVDs are 4:3, it's the PS3 messing the output up, just wondering with other people how the DVDs look on a big widescreen TV. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah I know the DVDs are 4:3, it's the PS3 messing the output up, just wondering with other people how the DVDs look on a big widescreen TV. :)

I've watched them on a 40'' screen and its just a pain the way they are shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

kearnsr wrote: »
    I've watched them on a 40'' screen and its just a pain the way they are shot

i've watched all the series on a widesreen tv and it look perfect to me!

Advertisement