Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bujinkan Portlaoise

Options
  • 18-05-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

In the coming weeks I'm going to be starting a new Bujinkan Dojo in Portlaoise.

I've a venue and a time in mind but nothing is concrete so far, so best not to put them up here just yet.

If anyone is interested and wants to know more you can either ask questions here or email bujinkanportlaoise@gmail.com.

For more inro you can also go to http://www.bujinkan.ie

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Hi Joe,

Sounds like a great idea and I'd definitely be interested! I presume you will be teaching beginners that have no experience whatsoever?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi

Yes absolutly, no experiance is required at all.
    It's gonna be a new class so most people would be starting off as well.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Please keep me posted with time & location for it. Out of curiousity, will it be for adults only or will you be teaching kids in the same class?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hey Joe,
    If you can keep this thread updated with any news on this it would be great.

Hi all,

Great to see some replies.

The class will be over 16's at least.

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Hi,

Anyone know of a hall in the area that has mats?
    Hall availability is no problem, finding mats is.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Hi Joe,

Best of luck with your venture and as has been posted here already keep the thread updated with dates , times and what you would rather your demographic be.
    In relation to mats if you give the Patrician College in Ballyfin a call and enquire what they are doing with all there Gym equipment you might get a bit of positive news.

Matt

Right,

Looks like its gonna be on a Fridays from 7:30 - 9:00 in St. Mary's Sports Hall (up from browns shop n chipper beside the church)

The date is still not set in stone yet, could be 2 weeks depending on availability, more likely it will be 4 weeks (25-06-09)

Class will be for over 16's and will be primarily aimed at total beginners, there should be a few people with more experience there to.

There is a new website http://bujinkanportlaoise.tk too.

Anyone with any questions can call or email me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjadude

Hi Joe

Well done on opening a dojo down this way AT LAST :)

have been wanting to go back for a while but the other days people are training dont suit at the minute! so friday at 7.30 is excellent for me!

:D

any best of luck and you will see me there!

John

• Advertisement

Hi all

I've confirmed the venue and the tine,

Starting on the 12th of June classes will be from 7:30 to 9:00 on Friday nights in St. Mary's Sports Hall, Borris Road, Portlaoise.

Class will will be 10 euro and for the over 16's

As ever if anyone has any questions thay can call me on 087 327 8637 or email joe@bujinkanportlaoise.com.

The website is at http://bujinkanportlaoise.com

Thanks for the interest and I hope to see some of you there, i'd ask if anyone is thinking of coming could they email me and let me know.

Thanks again
    Joe Dunne

Hi,

Just a reminder the class is starting tonight if anyone is thinking of popping down.

Thanks
    Joe

D'oh! Completely forgot Joe I'm away for the weekend. Hopefully see you next week

Ye no worries, we had a few heads down on Friday.

There was a chance the hall was being used for a long standing booking( an indoor circus I was told) but that was called off so hopefully I'll see you then

Joe Dunne
    http://bujinkanportlaoise.com

Advertisement