Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 Back seats don't fold down

Options
  • 18-05-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi

I got a A4 2008 sports B8 and unless I'm wrong just noticed the back seats don't fold down so that large items can be carried in boot.

Looked on the net and couldn't find anything. Am I wrong?I thought this was standard is most modern cars.

Thanks
    LK
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not surprised really considering the last model A4 had manual windup rear windows on most Irish models. It's probably an optional extra on the car that the previous owner didn't think it was worth the extra money.

You cannot beat the German sense of humour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Not standard on most German saloons afaik, only on hatches and estates.

It's definitely an optional extra on the A4 B8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Not on the B8 Irish version they are an Optional extra. Price varies from €396 to €500+ depending on VRT banding.

I had to specify this for my A6. I even got quizzical looks from dealers when I said I wanted it. One asked why is the boot not big enough for you. I was in Belfast at Ikea on friday and I HAD to fold the seats down to get a computer table in and again next week when I get bookcases.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

Thanks for the reponses. Can't believe that this is an extra. I would happily swap it for the overhead sun glasses holder and the 12v socket in the boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had this thread a while ago by my B7 A4. I could not believe it but then realised that my car has fook all in it. Manual windows to the rear, not cruise, no multifunction steering wheel, no radio controls.

Big bucks and little in return.

At least for you the car you have looks better than the older model(mine) because now mine looks like a Seat Exeo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

LK1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reponses. Can't believe that this is an extra. I would happily swap it for the overhead sun glasses holder and the 12v socket in the boot!

One of my customers moaned directly to Audi Ireland about the fact there was no light in his glove box on his new B8 (part of the extended interior lighting package). They eventually caved and agreed to fit one for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I've a 06 318i and can't let down the back seats. BMW call it a "Luggage Through Load System" or similar and it cost about €600 at the time!

I'd guess that it costs more to manufacture without seats you can let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Berty wrote: »
    I had this thread a while ago by my B7 A4. I could not believe it but then realised that my car has fook all in it. Manual windows to the rear, not cruise, no multifunction steering wheel, no radio controls.

Big bucks and little in return.

At least for you the car you have looks better than the older model(mine) because now mine looks like a Seat Exeo.

I remember sitting into a 06 A4 diesel and I was fairly shocked at the poverty spec in it. Besides the badge, I cannot think of one reason why anyone would buy a base spec A4 over a highline Passat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Wow berty thought you had the sline? I can't believe im going to agree with limerick man on this one. Sometimes the badge wins over. Although on the crapolla i had the rear seats didn't fold down either. Always thought it was a wee bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Ive a 05 S Line and it has a ball of extras (import) but doesnt have the fold down seats. If you look at the manual, it tells you how every extra works and then in -2 font size

(applies to models with _________ only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt a Maybach or Phantom have folding rear seats. maybe this is Audi's attempt to move the A4 upmarket and fool more people into thinking it's worth paying a premium for?

Advertisement