Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

heads up

Options
  • 18-05-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

hi all,

A white Gatso van seems to have taken up semi permanent residence ( morning and evenings ) outside the Esso station going south on the N7 , just passed the Rathcoole bridge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

There's another one on the N7 in toomyvara. Directly across the road from the GAA pitch. Seems to be there on a regular basis as I know 2 people that got caught by it.

I think I got caught on Thursday, I was about 70-80 metres away when I saw it. Hit the brakes straight away but it was probably too late.

Does anyone know the distance they take the photo at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

v240gltse wrote: »
    hi all,

A white Gatso van seems to have taken up semi permanent residence ( morning and evenings ) outside the Esso station going south on the N7 , just passed the Rathcoole bridge.

He's been parked there at least 1-2 days a week for the past 3-4 weeks. The amount of drivers speeding by me as I pass that van in the evenings is unreal. Guess some of them may be caught twice or more before they receive their first notice in the post! The same van is also to be found on the outer ring road heading towards the N4 too. Excellent source of revenue generation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 drog5920

i got caught by one in drogheda, 4mph over the limit, got a nice 80€ fine and 2 penalty points for my trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Seen that van parked up last Friday & hope i was ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

sounds like the same one down further at the long mile road. In at that furniture place on sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Reckon it was in place between 10pm and 2am last night (Sunday)? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Gatso van down in wexford at the moment too,

Was on newtown roa yesterday and on the rosslare road today afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Another one on the n7 northbound just outside borris on ossory tonight, just before the brow of the hill looking towards the town.

Presumably catching people speeding downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Tragedy wrote: »
    Another one on the n7 northbound just outside borris on ossory tonight, just before the brow of the hill looking towards the town.

Presumably catching people speeding downhill?

Catching people speeding in both directions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Saw that friday night at the esso garage, harder to spot the new ones! I was doing about 105on my speedo when i saw it. If you speed anywhere near borris in ossray you need your head examined:) they have always being hanging around there i know people pulled in doing 61mph back in the good ol days! And between 31 and 35mph. In the town itself, they've always being extremely strict. Around that town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement