Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Required: Looking For Rented Acc.

Options
  • 18-05-2009 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I want to move into a 1 bedroom flat, near Ranelagh at the end of July. I've been sharing for years but want to try it alone for a while, since rent is dropping.

Is DAFT the main place to look? Are there any other good sites? Has anyone done this recently? I plan to Haggle, can I expect to get a 650/month place down to 600 by doing this?

I wont be moving in for 2 months so how soon should I begin , in earnest, viewing places etc... ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Plenty of "studio apartments" for that area, under the €600 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SteamTrean

I know my budget is small but I loath the idea of sleeping in my living room for year.

I want a separate double room. Doesn't have to be a double room , in the strictest sense, just have the space for a double bed and a path to get in and out past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There are two "flats" listed for under €700, but one has no pictures, and the other looks like a "studio apartment" anyway, so meh.

€750 to €900 gets you a two bedroomed flat. Maybe haggle the €750 to €650, who knows?

Advertisement