Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Clonmel

Options
  • 18-05-2009 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am moving to Clonmel soon, and would like some advice from residents if possible. The things I'd like to know most about:

- Activities - can anyone fill me in on whats available to do? I'd like to find a yoga class, and maybe some other clasess - are there any schools etc doing night classes/ exercise classes?

- Bars - I am in my early 30's and my BF will be visiting the occasional weekend - where should we go for a few drinks? Our taste would be a friendly pub where we can have a few relaxed drinks ie not a disco bar, something a bit more relaxed but with our age group.

- Parks - where can I go for a jog/ walk away from traffic that is safe?

- Traffic - is there much traffic in Clonmel during rush hour? Like, how long will it take me to get to work if I live in the town centre and have to go to the town outskirts for work.

Any advice on the above or anything else that might be useful appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

A company called Kool School have evening classes in Pilates, spinning etc. You can e-mail them at info@koolschoolfitness.com for details of classes.

You'd probably find a few bars in Irishtown that would suit your needs or maybe Phil Carrolls bar in Parnell Street.

The town park is on the Waterford side of the town where you can go for a jog.

Traffic is never that bad with the exception of a Friday afternoon/evening. It shouldn't take you more than ten minutes to get from town centre to outskirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JuJuBean

Wow 10 minutes to work, I might just fall in love with the place!! Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement