Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

I think well done and congratulations are in order for the fine performance yesterday and the last couple of days. Congratulations also to the people who'll be taking a trip down to the bookies today to collect mucho euros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Scawgeen wrote: »
    I think well done and congratulations are in order for the fine performance yesterday and the last couple of days. Congratulations also to the people who'll be taking a trip down to the bookies today to collect mucho euros.

Here Here...Well Done Shane!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Its nice to see an Offaly Sportsman making a name for himself on an international stage.

Well done Shane and a big day for his local club too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Life has gone downhill quickly for the last Clara man to be paraded through the town. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Good for you Shane knock'em dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

He's a great lad.

He played sh!te in his first professional game though. Pure piss loike. Spose he could do with losing a bit of weight. A bit heavy for the game that is golf.

• Advertisement

When's his next game of golf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

He'll struggle to compete for the first few months I'd say. He's gone from nowhere to suddenly in the spotlight and turning pro means living out of a suitcase for weeks on end, different courses,different way of living completely. It may take him a year to adjust and get up to speed. The fact that he has an exemption to all the big tournaments for a year is a huge advantage though, and he'll be better for that.

I don't think he'll make it. He is obese and these type of people are just not cut out for the modern game of golf. I'd say it won't be long before his girlfriend will decide that it is all too much for her, being in the media and having to deal with the weight issues.

He is only a young lad so God only knows what the future holds.

Is he currently playing in a tournament. Shane has been off the radar and his head has not fitted onto the TV screen for the RTÉ news in my house. Neither for the 6-1 or the nine o' clock broadcast. Is he feeling unwell in the current climate? Did he get in contact with his dietician yet?

Shane is a fine young fella and a great ambassador for the country. By painting the flag of the Irish Republic on his nipples he has shown how loyal and dedicated he is to the game that is golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Dumb wrote: »
    Is he currently playing in a tournament. Shane has been off the radar and his head has not fitted onto the TV screen for the RTÉ news in my house. Neither for the 6-1 or the nine o' clock broadcast. Is he feeling unwell in the current climate? Did he get in contact with his dietician yet?

Shane is a fine young fella and a great ambassador for the country. By painting the flag of the Irish Republic on his nipples he has shown how loyal and dedicated he is to the game that is golf.

What's ate'n you ?

• Advertisement

Scawgeen wrote: »
    What's ate'n you ?

Sorry, Excuse me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Dumb wrote: »
    Sorry, Excuse me?

Your excused ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Your very dumb alright
    :D
    Lowry is a legend of a sportsman and doesnt deserve your crap

stop posting and let him get on with it

I was just wondering had he played in any tournaments recently. How did he do? I haven't heard much about the guy after that epic win. Shane has been off the radar and his head has not fitted onto the TV screen for the RTÉ news in my house. Neither for the 6-1 or the nine o' clock broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mack flyer

hey dumb can you tell me what european tour events you have won recently ????

mack flyer wrote: »
    European lame troll tour 2009????

That's gas. Funny stuff. What about yourself. What do you play off? There's no point in me telling you because you wouldn't believe me anyway.

I'm just asking what happened to the big lad. He was bouncing all over the shop when he won the Open. He hasn't fitted on the news yet. What's he up to.

i reckon you might be a very low handicapper that might have even played against shane lowry at some point and while he is on the european tour you my friend are in the running for jealous golfer of the month

ps..bouncing around the shop?????????????....speak proper english you clown

Well I suppose you'll never know nor do you want to.

I have never met Mr. Lower and don't know much about him other than seeing his stomach on tv and the girlfriend as well. But he's a great young fella altogether from what I've heard about him. They were just saying on RTÉ he should lose the beer belly gut and lose a bit of the aul fat around the legs.

I'm sure that will happen anyway when he walks around the courses.

well shane can always lose the weight but you will always be a clown

• Advertisement

well shane can always lose the weight but you will always be a clown

Let us consider this. If I am a clown I am capable of changing. Why not? Mr. Lower has a weight problem. Fair enough. No one is denying this. Some people never lose weight no matter how much they try. He may be able to walk but can he run.
    I don't know where he is at the moment. What is he up to? If he doesn't get out and about how will he lose the weight? The longer he stays inside the worse it will become. I've heard there are a few nice takeaways in Clara.
    Look, Mr. Lower is a great, great guy. He's the guy that goes and visits sick children in hospital. He's a gentleman. He's a class act. He's a rebel. After watching him win the Open it was like a bubblebath. It was beautiful. He's right, he's right about everything.
    I'm not gonna address the Pádraig Harrington agenda, I think Pádraig Harrington is a creep. The man's an idiot, a Mother Teresa.
    Lower's hands are better than his feet. If only he had three hands, one on the end of each leg. Lower should have been yanked off the course when he won and put in a hot bath, a boiling hot bath. He deserved the best. What an achievement.
    What I would say is I've got more chance of being Taoiseach than him winning the Open again. You need poverty and dictatorship to produce great golfers. Shane was brought up in this way. That epic win helped turn this country into the success it is now. There were a few things happening around about that time that helped lift the dark clouds that had been hanging over Ireland. There was the return of Boyzone and success of the film, Once, at the Oscars. Those things, coupled with that win, helped end the Celtic Tiger.
    People ask, why am I criticising Mother Teresa? Mother Teresa is a nun. Well she is not a nun. A tea towel on your head and good works with India's lower class. That doesn't make you a nun. That makes you a Pádraig Harrington.

Just an update on Shane Lowry for the none trolls.

>>>LINK<<<

Stuff. So he's going grand. What's next for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

If I was to guess I would say you were jealous dumb, a little sickened it wasnt you..

Anyway justin rose when he turned pro he missed 12 cuts in a row, but managed to find his feet by what I believe was a rearranging of the team behind and with him.

Give they guy a chance will you. Monty was always the same build as shane and he did fine.

nice round from shane today -2....a lot of seasoned pro's behind him...Also showed a lot of bottle as he was 2 over after 11

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

nice round from shane today -2....a lot of seasoned pro's behind him...Also showed a lot of bottle as he was 2 over after 11

Some score alright. The card is full of colour, when he gets up to speed and starts to par a few more holes he is going to have a good chance of a strong autumn.

your gone very quiet now dumb?????....another cut made today by young lowry..great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Fair play to Shane!hope he does well in loch lomond.....i know myself nd a few are following his progress anyhow...keep up the good work Shane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Decent cheque last week -17 grand. Obviously,once you take expenses and caddie bonus out, you'll be left a bit lighter,but it is encouraging to make the cut and prove to himself he is a pro now and well able to match the big guns.
    Another nice pay day in store tomorrow with a good round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shot a 79, finished near the bottom of the field but won €5208. Not a bad life that golf.

Advertisement