Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog getting sick all day

Options
  • 17-05-2009 10:26pm

Hey Guys

My dog (sib husky) today has been throwing up his food. Everytime he eats he throws it back up . His Spirit is great and is still looking for food but he cant keep it down. We have recently changed his food , could this be a factor ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

if he's not keeping water down id take him to the vet.try giving him some boiled chicken and rice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is the dog just vomitting or does it have diarrhoea too? If it has both it could get dehydrated very quickly which can be fatal if not caught in time.If it was very sick it would be lethargic and off form but he sounds in good form so it could be just the food not agreeing with him.

How recent did you change the food as it could be that, did you change over gradually to allow the dogs system to get used to the new food?

I came down thismorning and was greeted with a jump which hit me in the face and i am 6ft . Loads of energy which is great. He is not keeping water down but drinking plenty . I am in work now but he is being watched . He threw up a few times last night . If he throws up more i will go home and bring him to the Vet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Give your vet a call, they'll give you advice over the phone. If it was me I'd take him in this evening purely because he's not keeping down the water. Hope he's better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you're into Day 2 now and hes still vomiting id be at the vets asap!

• Advertisement

Brought him to the Vet . 2 socks later he is fine :) He pooed one and threw another one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Glad to hear he's fine. You had a lucky escape - if they get stuck it can be very nasty indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Holy s*it.... 2 x socks! They must have been tasty!
    Glad he is recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

:DSorry, I know I shouldn't laugh, but that is just so typical of a sibe, they will eat anything and everything. Glad that he's okay and that the socks came out okay. I hope at least that they were a pair, and that you now haven't got two odd socks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

We have recently changed his food , could this be a factor ?
    Brought him to the Vet . 2 socks later he is fine :) He pooed one and threw another one up.

Ok I think it's time to switch him back to his previous food, it's obvious the socks don't agree with him :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement