Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

effects for a short film

Options
  • 17-05-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My niece and nephew are going to make a short film in the summer using STAR WARS action figures.
    One scene calls for some characters to melt.
    any ideas on how I can help them do this?
    the melting must happen "live on camera", but I can't figure out how to do it.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Hi,

My niece and nephew are going to make a short film in the summer using STAR WARS action figures.
    One scene calls for some characters to melt.
    any ideas on how I can help them do this?
    the melting must happen "live on camera", but I can't figure out how to do it.

cheers

You could try making a mould of the figures you want to melt and then casting them in soft clay and then paint them. They probably wouldn't look identical but might be close enough. Then you could just film them standing on a hot plate as they melt away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

hot plate could work.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Right, I've got a stellar idea for this.

Remake your figures in Chocolate and film in the sun, guaranteed to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

dyl10 wrote: »
    Right, I've got a stellar idea for this.

Remake your figures in Chocolate and film in the sun, guaranteed to work!

awesome idea for a sequel that. stormtroopers on a planet of giant Irish cannibals:D

Advertisement