Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal photo requests

Options
  • 17-05-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the other photo thread it was rightfully pointed out that requests for pics should be kept separate. So if anyone has a request for a pic of a particular area could they please post here and hopefully someone will be in a position to provide some nice pics.

Edit: Just to explain in a bit more detail as to how this thread should work.

If you wish to get a photo of a particular part of Donegal or a monument, building etc then post your request here and anyone who intends to respond with a photo should include it in a PM or post it up here if it’s a “one off”. A couple of photos are quite acceptable.

What I’d prefer not to see is a lengthy discussion on any one particular request. If that is going to happen then PMs should be used or a new thread opened on that topic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I'd love to see more photos of Donegal islands - especially any that are uninhabited. Must be the hermit in me ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I hadnt realised that there are people looking in from abroad at this thread...isnt that stupid of me :) I have many photos of Donegal from over the years of almost every part... so if you have a request, shout, and if I dont have it now, I will be sure to have it soon. I always have the camera in the car, I travel the county extensively through work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I hadnt realised that there are people looking in from abroad at this thread...isnt that stupid of me :) I have many photos of Donegal from over the years of almost every part... so if you have a request, shout, and if I dont have it now, I will be sure to have it soon. I always have the camera in the car, I travel the county extensively through work..

Well, I'm not actually abroad (just a broad ;)) but do I still qualify to ask for pics? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'd love to see more photos of ruins, old chapels, hidden estates etc.

Unsual one, but if anyone has photos of Camlin Castle (between Ballyshannon and Belleck) i'd love to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Anyone got any photos of the (ruined?) Demense house in Mountcharles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'd love to see more photos of Donegal islands - especially any that are uninhabited. Must be the hermit in me ...

Not exactly uninhabited but I'm out on Tory every few weeks and am going out again in a fortnight. Is there anything you'd be looking for any out there of anything in particular. We'll be passing some of the smaller uninhabited ones but not stopping and depending on the time of day we could be fairly far away from them so might not work to well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭ardara1

Can I recommend a great book by Lochlan McGill - In Connall's Footsteps that goes into the history of the history of Inniskeel and the surrounding area in fanatastic details in a very readable book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

danniemcq wrote: »
    Not exactly uninhabited but I'm out on Tory every few weeks and am going out again in a fortnight. Is there anything you'd be looking for any out there of anything in particular. We'll be passing some of the smaller uninhabited ones but not stopping and depending on the time of day we could be fairly far away from them so might not work to well.

could you get us an autographed photo of the King of Tory? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Last time I saw him was in Penney's in Letterkenny if you want to set up a stakeout:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I shall indeed :) who shall i make it out to? NWA?
    sesswhat wrote: »
    Last time I saw him was in Penney's in Letterkenny if you want to set up a stakeout:)

He stays with me everytime he's out. I'm going out with his daughter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Right guys/gals. The thread is "Donegal photo requests" so can we get back on the straight and narrow please.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Bit off topic but some really nice scenes from Aranmore in days gone by, really nice video

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Did you not read my post above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

I request a photo of Letterkenny Shopping Centre.

Mick Daly wrote: »
    I request a photo of Letterkenny Shopping Centre.
    And I request that you troll somewhere else.

Ford4000 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but some really nice scenes from Aranmore in days gone by, really nice video

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Did you not read my post above?

Thought it showed some good scenes of the very small (uninhabited) islands surrounding aranmore as well as the island itself, which if someone wanted could be extracted to generate a photo. sorry for the inconvenience.

Victorian wrote: »
    Thank you for the video. I watched it twice, but now it seems to have disappeared. Was it on a you tube site? I wouldn't mind catching it again.

For those of you who would like to see it or watch it again after the <snip> Yes indeed it was, if you type 'homes of donegal aranmore island' into youtube it should come up for you ;):p

Durnish, you have your PMs turned off. Tried to contact you but please note that most of the relevant posts have been moved to a new thread. :)

Just to explain in a bit more detail as to how this thread should work.

If you wish to get a photo of a particular part of Donegal or a monument, building etc then post your request here and anyone who intends to respond with a photo should include it in a PM or post it up here if it’s a “one off”. A couple of photos are quite acceptable.

What I’d prefer not to see is a lengthy discussion on any one particular request. If that is going to happen then PMs should be used or a new thread opened on that topic.

Just let the thread run its course if people want to chat let em chat away it adds a bit of perspective to photos that some people may not know anything about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Sorry, Muffler, I always keep PMs turned off. This is from a long held, even religious, belief that message board interactions should be public, above board and available for all to see.

• Advertisement

Thanks for sorting out the photos and discussion.

(who'd be a mod or admin on such an anarchic concept as a messageboard, it's a thankless task?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Has anyone got a picture of Inishtrahull Island? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Senna wrote: »
    Unsual one, but if anyone has photos of Camlin Castle (between Ballyshannon and Belleck) i'd love to see them.

Would be interested myself in seeing some. Grew up nearby, and always remember the gates at the road, with "post no bills" written on the wall there. There is a small photo easily found on google, along with a short story on the place. Best you'll probably get is looking at the historic maps through the osi interactive online service. The gardens to the east of the house looked like they were quite impressive.

polyfusion wrote: »
    Would be interested myself in seeing some. Grew up nearby, and always remember the gates at the road, with "post no bills" written on the wall there. There is a small photo easily found on google, along with a short story on the place. Best you'll probably get is looking at the historic maps through the osi interactive online service. The gardens to the east of the house looked like they were quite impressive.
    Some info here

Pic

Camlin%20Castle.jpg

Putting my heart in my mouth here, by asking Muffler to include some place name info in Victorian's ancestor thread title.
    Maybe Inishkeel? It is an interesting area.

Durnish wrote: »
    Putting my heart in my mouth here, by asking Muffler to include some place name info in Victorian's ancestor thread title.
    Maybe Inishkeel? It is an interesting area.
    My God, I dont bite (well not normally) :D

Have a look now to see if its Ok?

c'est bon, merci.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Has anyone got a picture of Inishtrahull Island? Thanks.

There's a good few attached to This page

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Hey Guys

Looking for images of Kerrykeel Main street pre-00 , due to family home used to be there but now demolished. The side of street is from "Gracies" McGinleys bar down to Village Inn - Conaghans Home is Image i'm looking for

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

cplwhisper wrote: »
    pre-00 ,
    pre...2000, 1900????

Advertisement