Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 basis!

Options
  • 17-05-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Looked at my payslip recently,assuming I would be on week number 21 or 22 for this year but I'm confused now as i'm down as week 4 on it. I'm in the job more than 2 years. Does this seem correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Companies can start their financial year whenever they wish, though many opt to keep it to the calendar year.

Take a look at your last 6 payslips and see if the pattern's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Sand Wedge

Are you paid monthly or weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

It has happened all of the empolyees I've spoken to in the firm and we are all pain weekly.

Yes, all employees will be on the same week number - it usually just indicates where in the company's financial year you are, nothing to do with individuals.

Is it causing a problem? Is the pay slip in sequence with previous slips?

We had been running with week numbers up to 20 something but approx 4 weeks ago, we were put on week #1, some employees have now been told there were no tax contributions made for them leaving liabilities up to €3000 in some cases.

• Advertisement

Is it possible that your company has "closed down" and reopened as a new company (erm, without bothering to tell you?!). Quadruple check the details on the payslip around the company name, see if there's anything different.

First off, talk to payroll and ask them what exactly is going on. If they don't have a valid answer, and a plan, I'd get in touch with the Revenue directly and discuss the matter with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Does your cumulative pay from Jan to May , add up to the total you have earned in this period , or is your gross pay only 4 weeks total ?

Does your cumulative pay from Jan to May , add up to the total you have earned in this period , or is your gross pay only 4 weeks total ?

It all adds up thanks. We have been told there was a computer problem and that's why this situation has arisen.

Advertisement