Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

road signes

Options
  • 16-05-2009 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

in my locality the co.council are putting up signs naming every road and cul de sac, now sat navs are freely advailable and road maps are 2 a penny, not 1 pothole is being filled, i live on a cul de sac, which has not pot holes but almost volcanoes, the council refuses to take responsabilitiy for them, budding and sitting co. councilers fegin interest, they have being in existence since before the last general election, last year i rang the local council office complaining, i was asked do a milk truck transverse the road, i replyed no. the conversation was terminated, now residents haved filled them, cars have have failed the nct for having to use this road ? i have a mobility problem, as some potholes are the with of the road i cannot but go on one direction when walking for necessary exercise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

If you damage your car due to a pothole that has been reported to the council on numerous occasions you can claim for the damage from them. You should take some photos and post them here. Name and shame all your local councilers. After all you are paying your road tax as well as every1 else and are entitled to a proper road to and fro your avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

thanks i never heard that. the next by road has the same probs, folklore has it that one resident contacted ne of her local co. councilers, who replyed it will cause cars to slow down, i cannot vouch for this if it is true, then pat shorrt is out of a job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Tis a well known fact that unless you have a county councillor living down your cul de sac/boithrin you won't get it fixed. I remember travelling down a crater covered road near Feenagh every week on a milk round a few years back - it was a total mare, the lorry's suspension took some punishment. Then one week it was resurfaced and was soon as smooth as a baby's behind. Who lived on it? - one Cllr Rory Kiely :)

Advertisement