Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk in V Ensuite

Options
  • 16-05-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

We have just started building and are trying to decide what to do with these two rooms. on the plans, they are accessed individually from the bedroom. They are both 1900x2400 and lie side by side. One idea is to have a door between the two rooms so you can walk through. However, this reduces space in both rooms, which already is at a premium. The other idea is to just have access to the walk-in from the bedroom and have one door in the en-suite. I'm concerned purely for practical reasons and having to go through the walk-in every time I need to go to the ensuite. If anyone has any ideas, i'd much appreicate them. Its probably the first of many issues we'll encounter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

in the absence of a sketch showing the layout I would go with whats on the plans

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

Any chance of getting a drawing?
    Is there any window in the en-suite? If there is a window maybe the walk-in could benefit from its light if you access the en-suite through the walk-in...
    Other option could be to have a sliding door if space is an issue...
    It's hard to comment without having a drawing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭newname

What you need to ask yourself is - Is space in your walkin wardrobe more important to you or having one less door in your bedroom wall more important to you?

The issue of walking through your wardrobe is not a big deal. I have been in houses where the ensuite is behind the wardrobe so they have to walk through it. I liked it, provided the wardrobe is tidy.

You on the other hand do not need to go for that set up because your wardrobe and ensuite are side by side and accessible from the bedroom via seperate doors.

Either way is fine though, whatever your decision it won't be a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This issue was debated here if you wish to have some more opinions and thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kincullaboy

Thanks for that Folks,

Ill see if i can get a drawing. I had a look at the other thread so ill go back to the boss with the ideas

• Advertisement
Advertisement