Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Question?

Options
  • 16-05-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was with my dad this morning when he went into the recycling centre here in wicklow. We had yogurt cartons and those plastic meat trays in the bags of stuff.

I threw them into the different bins and one of the men who worked there told me to take them back because they can't be recycled.
    Now I checked everything he gave me back and they all had the recycling logo on them. I asked him why just out of curiousity really, but he couldn't tell me why they don't take them he just kept saying no.

Can anyone tell me why they won't take them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some recycling centres do not have the ability to process multiple types of plastic. They will usually take plastic bottles but no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magic8

Theres' a chart you can get (will edit this when I locate it), with a guide to the seven types of plastic that the recycling centres can take. As far as I can remember, no.4 and no.6 are ok, but 1 and 2 aren't, not sure about the other 3. It's marked on a lot of the packaging which number it is or which type of plastic it is.

edit: Ok, full list of what they take is here. Plastics no. 1 - 5 only, no polystyrene.

Advertisement