Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good freeware Irish scenery for FSX?

Options
  • 16-05-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any good Irish scenery for FSX? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Does anyone know if there is any good Irish scenery for FSX? :cool:

guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

There isn't much, there's updates for most irish airport with better ones for Dublin, shannon. also nice ones for kerry, weston, and the is a file for alot of the small airfields.... i'll throw up a link or two if i get a chance but give a look to vateir, as there is most of the links there :cool: ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 delsutton2009

Hi all. I'm back in the whole flight sim thing after an absence of a few years. Now with a fast-ish new PC and running FSX, which is fab by comaprison to FS2004. I've only been on for a couple of weeks or so and it's taken me this length of time to set it all up, and tweaking it so it runs as smoothly as possible.

I've still got the old IFSD scenery files but when I load Dublin up into FSX it's kind of working but not working... lots of blacked out textures. I was never a whizz at airport design and only scratched the surface (no pun intended) in FS9. I've downloaded Airport Design Editor for FSX and wondered if there was an easy way to make the old IFSD files compatible with FSX?

Or, if someone else has already done that, perhaps there is a link that I could be pointed to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fsxirishscenery

Hi everybody,
    Im in the process of creating and updating Irish Airports like Cork and Kerry and also aerodromes such as Kilkenny. Im also creating airports that were not included with fsx. Take a look: http://fsxirishscenery.yolasite.com/

By the way, its all freeware icon7.gif

I could also do with a lot of pictures fot the airports I have listed on the website, or videos, and also some airport details like frequencies, runway length etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Hi everybody,
    Im in the process of creating and updating Irish Airports like Cork and Kerry and also aerodromes such as Kilkenny. Im also creating airports that were not included with fsx. Take a look: http://fsxirishscenery.yolasite.com/

By the way, its all freeware icon7.gif

I could also do with a lot of pictures fot the airports I have listed on the website, or videos, and also some airport details like frequencies, runway length etc.

Hey fsxirishscenery,

I am flying out of Cork to London on Wednesday, back on Saturday night. I will try and get some pics for you to help out :)

Have you ever heard of airliners.net? If you search aviation pictures there selecting the airport you want from the Airports box you can get pictures of aircraft with the airport in the background, that may be of some help :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fsxirishscenery

Hey fsxirishscenery,

I am flying out of Cork to London on Wednesday, back on Saturday night. I will try and get some pics for you to help out :)

Have you ever heard of airliners.net? If you search aviation pictures there selecting the airport you want from the Airports box you can get pictures of aircraft with the airport in the background, that may be of some help :)

Sure have! I dont really have a problem with Cork Airport, but some pictures of the main terminals and cargo buildings would be nice! And maybe one of the whole bussiness park? Thats right, im planning to model the business park aswell, if it doesnt have a big impact on performance!

The main problems is getting pictures fot the airfields, like Coonagh Airfield in Limerick. I actually have 0 pictures for that, so I may have to scrap that from the list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

Fly Wonderful Islands are making EIDW for FSX, I know its not freeware but its probably the best we'll get for FSX!

I'll post some shots up at some point today of what has been done so far :)

EIDW20.jpg
    EIDW18.jpg
    EIDW17.jpg
    EIDW19.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

There's a bloke in Switzerland doing freeware scenery for EIKN on FSX, looks really good, his last update was in August:

http://de.forum.ivao.aero/index.php?topic=107573.0

Advertisement