Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop sock swallowed whole

Options
  • 16-05-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

sorry i wanted to edit this because its showing up in a google search and i dont want to have my stuff on google - i am a bit weird like that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Stop being so hard on yourself. That is what dogs do! They eat whatever they want, when they want. How many times are we all guilty of leaving stuff around (alot more dangerous than a pop sock) and nothing happens. Its just one of those things.
    Dont beat yourself up.

Glad the little man is ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I agree with Kildara, you are being far too hard on yourself :) Everything has worked out for the best and accidents do happen. It is just one of those things you cannot predict is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 petangels

You did the right thing, can cause an obstruction and blockage while moving to the small intestine which will cause death if not treated...

Is this a puppy? Secondly, I have been where you are. Lozi did the exact same thing eating underwear, socks, toys, you name it, he ate it. I always keep an eye out for symptoms of an intestinal blockage; dry nose, bloated large belly, loss of appetite, lethargy and throwing up..

You have to watch them like hawks and spray shoes with citronia oil mixed with water, they don't like this!. Teach him to "leave it." Have lots of acceptable toys for him to play with and make sure he gets lots of exercise. A tired puppy is a good puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

We all agree....

You are just being tooooo hard on yourself!!

I'm sure you can always get a new sock anyway LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

yes hahaha....stop....these things happen, :p

you acted swiftly and all is well in the end thats the main thing:D

fair play to your vet as well, alls well that ends well!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

You did the right thing and I'm sure your little guy will be fine. I have a 9 month old baby who's crawling like crazy and is a human hoover, everything is straight into his mouth - we should get the 2 of them together!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

I feel your pain!!! And don't be beating yourself up about it, it can happen to the best of us....

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

bunyip123 wrote: »
    sorry i wanted to edit this because its showing up in a google search and i dont want to have my stuff on google - i am a bit weird like that!

What's wrong with google?

Advertisement