Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Multi-Vitamin

Options
  • 16-05-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Just curious recently started taking berocca which contains 793% of my recommended daily allowance of vitamin c :eek: Is it the best?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The best? Fruit and veg TBH. Vitamin pills are of limited value unless you not eating healthily.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Just curious recently started taking berocca which contains 793% of my recommended daily allowance of vitamin c :eek: Is it the best?

And 793% of that vitamin C is going down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Fluffybums wrote: »
    And 793% of that vitamin C is going down the toilet.

Correction: 693% of it is going down the toilet. Seriously, there is no benefit in overdosing any vitamin and you are much better off concentrating on getting a balanced diet with five daily portions of fresh fruit and vegetables rather than getting your vitamins out of a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Berroca = oVer priced tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭keiran110

coylemj wrote: »
    Correction: 693% of it is going down the toilet. Seriously, there is no benefit in overdosing any vitamin and you are much better off concentrating on getting a balanced diet with five daily portions of fresh fruit and vegetables rather than getting your vitamins out of a bottle.

To be honest, probably more is going to waste than that. This is assuming Bernard Black is eating anything even remotely close to fruit or vegetables.

Our body cannot store Vitamin C Bernard. When it has adequate amounts, anything extra is flushed out of our body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Is it the best?
    The best one is the cheapest one. I mean, all you're doing is making expensive piss, so why pay more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Bernard Black Just curious recently started taking berocca which contains 793% of my recommended daily allowance of vitamin c Is it the best?

The evidence currently says that vitamins are not a very good idea (story here and here). So unless a medical professional has told you you need vitamins for a particular deficiency I would not bother taking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Good question Bernard Black! Cavedave got it exactly right. :)

A great mix of fruit, veg, seeds, nuts, dairy, meat, poultry and eggs are by far the best way to get all the vitamins, minerals, protein, sugars and fats you need.

However, if you are a pregnant woman you may need to take certain supplements as advised by a doctor. Certain other specific medical conditions also require supplements based on advice from a doctor.

Advertisement