Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice 3 door 4 drawer wardrobe in Littlewoods for €124 delivered

Options
  • 16-05-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Link

Wife spotted this. As per title you can get it for €124 delivered by putting in the code ZG021 in the voucher code on the delivery details page (only if its your first order though).

Reviews are good, I think it looks fairly good anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 docaoimh

Just ordered this for the spare room. Handy having free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

put in the xx810 and get 20% off ( reduction of 27.80)

you'll get it for 111.20

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenlen

Just ordered 1, thanks for that, seems llike a great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

Nice one, ordered mine this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

talk about an ordeal to order, tried to use laser but was looking for security
    codes and stuff. Also went into preferences when I setup an account and
    I was automatically signed up for emails, mail lists and all sorts of junk.
    Beware!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks OP - I just ordered the wardrobe and locker and thanks to Elliee's code I got them both for €158 .. happy days!!! - Had been looking for a reasonably priced decent wardrobe for our little boys room for ages so this came along at just the right time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks OP! Didn't realise you could pay in full by credit card with Littlewoods until now,(thanks sweetie-your post pointed out that!) just put my order in with the 20% off discount. Reviews are good on the site, and I don't think I'd do much better than 111.20 (thanks ellie) for a wardrobe delivered (even if I do have to put it together myself:()

Hi, payment has been taken from my cc for the wardrobe. For those who also ordered one, should I expect it soon? Or is it a waiting game now?

I ordered the day i posted (19th i believe) still hasnt arrived :rolleyes:
    Said it was dispatched on tuesday but still no sign! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

did anyone get theirs yet?

If you have would it be possible to confirm the height of the unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

aahhhhhhh, any chance someone who hasnt got theres yet could check up the littlewoods site to track their order. I just did and this is what i got

New_Bitmap_ImageNew_Bitmap_ImageNew_Bitmap_Image.jpg

Only thing is it definately hasnt arrived yet. Just wondering what other peoples status is

Hey
    just checked the status of mine and says the same, said delievered last friday.
    And a week later it still isnt here. So I just phoned and she said that means it was delievered to there warehouse in the u.k. then and that I should have it at the other side of this week. :rolleyes: So I just cancelled. Dont need it anymore, ive stocked the room with freebie furniture :D

Hi, yep I'm getting the same on the order tracking......Ellie, How easy was it to cancel, have you got refunded for the wardrobe yet? I'm considering cancelling also.

I wonder did the OP get his yet?

I only cancelled this morning when I phoned to enquire where my "delivered" wardrobe was. So I doubt its back on my credit card yet. :)
    Basically I asked what the story was with delivered status she explained I replied Ive actually found something else for the room in the mean time if i wanted to cancel how would i go about it? she said if you want to cancel its no problem I can do that now for you. So... I said yes please.
    End of conversation.
    Happy Days, I need the 110 euro more now that I did when ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Howdy

When I ordered it originally said expected delivery was 10th June. Still said that up to last week then suddenly said delivered on 1st June. I rang them just now. They said its at the depot and will be delivered 'over the next few days'.

In other words I think the original delivery date will end up being accurate. I'm not considering cancelling myself as I'm still expecting it to be here soon and I don't see myself getting anything as good close to that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

walshki wrote: »
    Howdy

When I ordered it originally said expected delivery was 10th June. Still said that up to last week then suddenly said delivered on 1st June. I rang them just now. They said its at the depot and will be delivered 'over the next few days'.

In other words I think the original delivery date will end up being accurate. I'm not considering cancelling myself as I'm still expecting it to be here soon and I don't see myself getting anything as good close to that price.

You are right.
    I would say you are as well to wait as you probably will get it next week.
    I ordered a bed last year and the same thing happened, but once its at the depot delivery doesnt take long afterwards. (i HAVE cancelled orders when i have had to wait ages for it to get to the depot, but as i said once its at the depot delivery doesnt take long)

The only reason I cancelled is because Ive picked up some freebies in perfect nic in the mean time and need the few bob more now. Its deffinetly a good deal and if I wasnt sorted now I would of course be holding out for delivery!
    I regularly order from littlewoods and have never had a problem with them or deliverys. In fact this is the longest time ive ever had to wait for a delivery from them.

Thanks for those updates, I'm waiting for delivery too, website says it's expected delivery date is 12th June so won't panic just yet, will keep you posted when/if it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

I am in the same boat. Odd way of doing their delivery tracking but anyway it is a good deal.

• Advertisement

Right, here is the story thus far with Littlewoods, the whole thing is most unsatisfactory.

1. I telephoned Littlewoods last week as many people here did when they saw on the tracking section of the website that their wardrobe had been "delivered" when it had not been. They explained that this was delivery to their depot and that I would have it within the next two weeks, that it would be delivered by An Post and that they would contact me prior to delivery.

2. Yesterday I received a telephone call not from An Post but from a courier called Bond Delivery who said that they handle the deliveries on behalf of Littlewoods. They informed me that they would be delivering today between 12-4.

3. A lorry arrived at 11 this morning with a single parcel from Littlewoods. I noticed both on the tracking section of the website and on the order docket which arrived that there are supposed to be three parcels, I was only delivered one.

4. I proceeded to open the large parcel which arrived - it appears to be all the wooden sections of the wardrobe but not things like handles, screws etc which are presumably in the additional parcels.

5. I telephoned Littlewoods again who seemed to know little about the additional packages. They put me on hold for 20 minutes while they attempted to phone some sort of depot (not Bond Delivery but a depot in the UK) and the supplier (who I presumed was Littlewoods, but clearly not). She eventually took me off hold and said that she could not get through to the depot and would rather give me the telephone number so that I could ring them. She gave me a UK freephone number, which I informed her was inaccessible from an Irish telephone. Eventually she said that she would ring me back today or tomorrow once she has established more details on the outstanding packages.

The whole thing is a joke, I took time off today to have the thing delivered.

Update:

I contacted Bond Delivery separetly, who are Dublin based and extremely helpful. I explained to them that basically I was getting nowhere with Littlewoods who seemed to know nothing about the goods that they were apparently dispatching. He said on his system it appears that two more packages have arrived at his depot for me today and that he will go down, check it all out and then ring me back with a view to a delivery on Thursday.

Hi Johnfas, do you mind me asking what the quality of the wooden bits that actually arrived is like? As I mentioned previously, I'm still in two minds about this wardrobe, if the quality is not up to scratch, think I'll get straight onto littlewoods to cancel. Don't want to be messed around either!

lindtee wrote: »
    Hi Johnfas, do you mind me asking what the quality of the wooden bits that actually arrived is like? As I mentioned previously, I'm still in two minds about this wardrobe, if the quality is not up to scratch, think I'll get straight onto littlewoods to cancel. Don't want to be messed around either!

It is a laminated chipboard - similar to what you would get in Argos really.

Would you like me to take a photo?

johnfás wrote: »
    It is a laminated chipboard - similar to what you would get in Argos really.

Would you like me to take a photo?

No thanks! lol.

Think I'll get onto them now to cancel, I knew it wouldn't be solid wood....but laminated chipboard? Is the back of it that crappy sheet chipboard thin type of stuff? I don't think it will stand up to the abuse it will get from my gang! Thanks johnfas.

lindtee wrote: »
    Is the back of it that crappy sheet chipboard thin type of stuff?

That is exactly what it is!

It suits my needs... though the hassle doesn't... but I can understand how it wouldn't be ideal for someone who is using it very regularly or with children. You might try bargain town? They often have quite good stuff out there.

johnfás wrote: »
    That is exactly what it is!

It suits my needs... though the hassle doesn't... but I can understand how it wouldn't be ideal for someone who is using it very regularly or with children. You might try bargain town? They often have quite good stuff out there.

Thanks johnfas for getting back to me! Just cancelled there. (although I was told they may still attempt delivery, and I am to inform them its cancelled, refund should be with me within 21 days) It was going to be for my son's new room and I just don't think it could handle the abuse from him or his brothers!! Thanks again:):)

Just got delivery of my wardrobe, came in 2 parts, one is labelled "divider, door, and leg" while the other is labelled "side, shelves and back". Asked delivery driver if there was a third part to the order but if there was he certainly wasn't given it. Not sure what step to take next should I wait for another delivery before trying to assemble it?? Has anyone else got their order or better still has anyone put the thing together yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

Kenlen wrote: »
    Just got delivery of my wardrobe, came in 2 parts, one is labelled "divider, door, and leg" while the other is labelled "side, shelves and back". Asked delivery driver if there was a third part to the order but if there was he certainly wasn't given it. Not sure what step to take next should I wait for another delivery before trying to assemble it?? Has anyone else got their order or better still has anyone put the thing together yet???

Was this the complete order i.e. two boxes ? Courier rang me and said he had a delivery but it seems to be two boxes only. Should I get him to deliver or leave it until other arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭nakano3153

Got one box a couple days ago, remaining two will be delivered today. Bondelivery seem to treat them as separate deliveries...
    But I'm sure everyone will get all the boxes even if it takes a few days.

• Advertisement

Put it together this afternoon - it says you need 3 people and it should take 90 minutes but I did it myself and it took about 3.5 or 4 hours. It is solid enough once you put it all together.

Advertisement