Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intervarsity 2009

Options
  • 15-05-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

The archery threads are gone a bit too quiet, so who is going to kick ass when the new term kicks in and the new Intervarsity takes off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

GMIT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Perhaps everyone will go back to college and wait out the recession - we could come up with some kind of dream-team of former intervarsities champions..

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Buttondogg wrote: »
    The archery threads are gone a bit too quiet, so who is going to kick ass when the new term kicks in and the new Intervarsity takes off

Usually the teams who remain just as active over the Summer - don't let the bows gather dust and ye can make it a 10-horse race!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Ewan are you suggesting a oldies reunion?
    :)

I'm going to try take on the British Uni series in 18 months when i return to being a student bum.

As Panserborn says, get out over the summer, you can't beat a nice sunny lazy day shooting outdoors with a few mates.... ah the good old days
    You would be amazed how your shooting improves without noticing... and you don't need a high poundage bow, just start off at 30m and enjoy being outside

(am i selling outdoor shooting yet?)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Oh to be a student bum once again - simpler times.. a nice sunny day out in Summerhill or Dublin Archers.. bliss. Good luck in the UK Keith, you going back for a phd? Sadly I have too much of a life set up here to just drop it all and take up that phd offer in UL :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Keith, do you know where you'll be going in the UK? I'm down in UCL in london at the moment, should be here for another 2-3 years depending how things go. The the big UK competitions are pretty impressive, though the different regional uni leagues are pretty casual, not nearly as organised or as well run as the Irish ones. Still its nice to start over, just shooting/training for myself and surpressing the urge to get involved in running things.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Part or Full time Masters (Still not sure) in Sheffield Hallam starting Sept 2010, would be there this sept but i've delayed it due to work stuff.
    They don't have a club from what I can see so I’ll have to set up a new one (4th club I’ve set up)

Anyhow it's good to see the IV league with healthy numbers, long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cathal Kelly

GMIT :D
    LOL :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

lit will win as long as no one elce shows up

Advertisement