Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bird experts etc?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

There's a bird hobbling around in a field by my house...must have clipped its wing because the wing is definitely looking a bit deformed. Feeling sorry for the thing to be honest cause it's just bouncing around there...my dog ran after it a couple of times but wouldn't do anything (called him away of course). i've just left some food there for him now so hopefully he'll eat that. I'm not sure whether the life of a wild bird is as precious as the life of a domestic animal but to me I think it deserves help as much as the next creature...

So any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

Well, catch it and bring him to the vet. It's difficult to treat him by your self. Wild birds usually die indoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

If you are in Dublin, there is a brilliant man on Griffith Avenue, just inside the Charlemont Estate who takes in all sorts of injured birds. I have brought lots of birds to him before and he has taken them in and does his upmost to re-release them. If you need directions PM me.

Advertisement