Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing a domain name - cheapest option?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi - please bear with me as I'm a complete dunce on stuff like this. I'm interested in possibly starting my own business and would like to purchase a domain name so I can have a website. I have no clue how to go about doing this but I have a brother who does and owes me ;) However, he's in Brazil at the mo and I just wanted to know how I would go about checking the cheapest domain supplier? Is the cheapest a good way to go? What do I need to do? All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

Depends if you want a .ie or not.

A .ie will cost you are €26 incl VAT per year from letshost.
    A .com will cost considerably less...you could can get them from around €6/year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

.com/.net/.org are all around 5-8 euros anually. .ie is about 25 bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Check out Blacknight/Digiweb/Letshost's .IE prices (alphabetical order). Some of them also sell .com's if that's what you're looking for.

Other .com registrars you could look at are Joker.com, Namecheap (both of whom I use).

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

I use Godaddy.com and find them very good.

Advertisement