Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting L.C In Another School?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

Just wondering, if you were to sit the leaving cert in another school, what steps do you need to take. Is it to late to apply now? Do i get a reference of my school before asking the other school.

If anyone has any info on the subject please post it, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

What prank did you pull?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What prank did you pull?:p

I second that question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Exactly my thoughts!!
    haha

Perhaps this might be of some use?
    http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ec
    Not sure, but I'd start by ringing the department of education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dub18

What makes you think i'd be the type to pull a prank:P

Well if you must know, their is an all girls school down the road from me, and well it happens every year but maybe this year we took it a bit far, and I mean, my principal had to make some calls to stop it getting into the paper and onto Joe Duffy...

So I was just wondering if worse comes to worse, but hopefully it won't:rolleyes:

Jammyc wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts!!
    haha

Perhaps this might be of some use?
    http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ec
    Not sure, but I'd start by ringing the department of education.

Thanks Jammy, i'll check it out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Dub18 wrote: »
    What makes you think i'd be the type to pull a prank:P

Well if you must know, their is an all girls school down the road from me, and well it happens every year but maybe this year we took it a bit far, and I mean, my principal had to make some calls to stop it getting into the paper and onto Joe Duffy...

So I was just wondering if worse comes to worse, but hopefully it won't:rolleyes:
    Mass rape?
    :eek:

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't need a reference from your school, but you need to contact the Commission as soon as possible to arrange for your papers to be sent to an alternative centre. Don't bother doing this unless you know for sure you're not sitting it in your original centre. The Commission are busy enough at this time of year without making arrangements that may not be taken up on.

Yeah I won't be doing it, as it's just a waste of time to me and the commission, so thanks to anyone who posted!

Yeah I won't be doing it, as it's just a waste of time to me and the commission, so thanks to anyone who posted!
    Wait! Wont be doing it in a different school? or doing it at all? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

woah woah woah, hold up, don't make any rash decisions. First sit down, think about this, and very calmly,

tell us what prank you pulled?

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, my last reply wasn't really that clear. But of course I'll be sitting the leaving cert, studying all year, I won't be pulling out over a stupid prank.

Ah it was just a thing our 6th years do every year to the girls school down the road. Basically pummel it with eggs and any other things we can throw. But our school just decided this year they want to use us as a deterrent to other years who think of doing it when they're in 6th year.

Oh sorry, my last reply wasn't really that clear. But of course I'll be sitting the leaving cert, studying all year, I won't be pulling out over a stupid prank.

Ah it was just a thing our 6th years do every year to the girls school down the road. Basically pummel it with eggs and any other things we can throw. But our school just decided this year they want to use us as a deterrent to other years who think of doing it when they're in 6th year.
    Well thank feck for that!

Right so, fair fucks to ya and best of luck.:D

Advertisement