Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving up spaz attack

Options
  • 15-05-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Do people notice that they make really really bad plays when they initially move up a level. I made a retardo reshove all in against my opponents river overbet on a paired board when I had the nut flush. Of course the villian had rivered the full house.. This was my first ever session of 100nl and no way would i ever have called that reraise all in, in a 50nl game against a player with TAG stats.

It really pissed me off. Luckily I was up 100 dollars so I immediately quit session so broke even. However I still feel tilted by it. ( and this is the next day FFS).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Ya that a bad beat alright :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

it wasnt a bad beat, but im just trying to emphasise how your mindset changes when you move up a level. You just dont think straight for a while and you really have to be on your A game.. I called knowing i was beaten against that tight player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

The moving up paranoia is a form of tilt that can cause these spaz attacks, i know only too well, i have tilted of a huge part of my roll the last couple of months, tilting that carried over from session to session and now i have had to take a step back to 50nl, i am ashamed of the amount of money i have lost through tilt, i never really tackled the issue until now. I now have a session routine and rules in place, like never play when tired, drunk bored etc and all the other advice that you can get regarding tilt and playing your A game. I wish i had taken these measures sooner! gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If I wasnt such a tilt monkey I'd be laughing. I should set myself to a -2buy-in limit then I have to stop for an hour or something. ugh

lolTilt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Some people play really weak tight and get run over, others are really afraid and paranoid of the regs trying to run over them and end up playing a mad aggro game.

The best way to get used to the games is to win and lose a few buyins to beak you in. It will gradually begin to mean less to you. Just try play your normal game and get used to the stakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

simple....just dont move up levels and play great all the time

Some find gradually mixing in tables a good way too move up but it didn't suit me as i was still playing differently at the higher limit tables.

To chuck the tree, sort out your tilt now, think of the money you will save/make!
    mytiltu.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

jpr1973 wrote: »
    Do people notice that they make really really bad plays when they initially move up a level.

I have noticed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

I turn into a ginormous spewtard whenever I move up a level.

Oh wait.... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement