Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Vegas Trip In Mid June During The World Series''

Options
  • 15-05-2009 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

HEY ALL MYSELF AND 5 FRIENDS ARE HEADING TO VEGAS IN MID JUNE FOR 8 NIGHTS.WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE DURING THE WORLD SERIES AND HOPE TO PLAY A BRACELET EVENT WHILE WE ARE THERE....

MY MAIN QUESTIONS ARE.

1.WHERE ARE THE BEST CASH GAMES TO BE FOUND 1/2 2/5 ??
    2.WHERE ARE THE BEST TOURNEYS TO BE FOUND ??

ANY FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE WOULD BE GREAT AND ANY OTHER INFO PEOPLE HAVE WITH REGARDS BEEN IN VEGAS ON HOLIDAY??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION THERE ARE ABOUT 100 THREADS ON THIS KIND OF THING ALREADY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

--STATTO-- wrote: »
    HEY ALL MYSELF AND 5 FRIENDS ARE HEADING TO VEGAS IN MID JUNE FOR 8 NIGHTS.WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE DURING THE WORLD SERIES AND HOPE TO PLAY A BRACELET EVENT WHILE WE ARE THERE....

MY MAIN QUESTIONS ARE.

ANY FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE WOULD BE GREAT AND ANY OTHER INFO PEOPLE HAVE WITH REGARDS BEEN IN VEGAS ON HOLIDAY??

Hey Paul,

Yea do a search as there are loads of threads regarding this on boards. A good solid piece of advice would be to stay away from both hookers and cash tables come 5am if your intoxicated with free booze! :):eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Hey Paul,

Yea do a search as there are loads of threads regarding this on boards. A good solid piece of advice would be to stay away from both hookers and cash tables come 5am if your intoxicated with free booze! :):eek:

do the opposite of this obv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

the Venetian, Caesars and the Wynn have good 2-5 and 5-10 games. Venetian has decent tournaments too. Table selection can be very important though. The average player from my experience is a lot tighter than over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭--STATTO--

Hey all thanks for the replys,all the feed back is good.... if any1 else has any info or suggestions id like to hear them even stories from past experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

statts! can i come!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Bankroll management is essential throughout the trip. You don't want to get stinkin drunk and spunk it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Feck that..First night get ur whole role stick it on red...wait balck...eh one of them..double up on whichever, take you money go get sh1t faced and find a hooker to take back to your room and make sure she robs you (good luck imo) and then proceed to run deep in the next tourney you play....simples
    Enjoy it is d main thing...best place in d world imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Whyno wrote: »
    Feck that..First night get ur whole role stick it on red...wait balck...eh one of them..double up on whichever, take you money go get sh1t faced and find a hooker to take back to your room and make sure she robs you (good luck imo) and then proceed to run deep in the next tourney you play....simples

Sound familiar Statto?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poker546

Whyno wrote: »

haha this is exactly how someone might go about blowing a bankroll...hopefully there own hard earned bankroll of course...not money they are minding for someone else....etc. etc.

GKidd wrote: »
    Bankroll management is essential throughout the trip. You don't want to get stinkin drunk and spunk it all.

lol...think you could divide this advice into two chapters...personal bankroll management, and how to manage other people's bankrolls' !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

GKidd wrote: »

this is obv rid advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

poker546 wrote: »
    lol...think you could divide this advice into two chapters...personal bankroll management, and how to manage other people's bankrolls' !!!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

Don't go near O Shucks on the strip :eek: with the little green fella pouring drink into ye! Waste of time.

I found the mirage very good with a good range of both 1/2 & 2/5. There was also a good variety of S&G ranging from $50 to $300. Free drinks were frequent also.

The MGM is a good spot, some wild play though on the cash tables. Brill craic though.

The Bellagio run sats every morning for their nightly evening tourneys $150 from memory, when you are at the Bellagio check out the self service restaraunt for $20 Bucks..... I mean you will eat top notch grub like kings for the week.

It's worth taking a taxi to the Gamblers store down in the old town (about 10 min walk from fremont street)

Ballys great craic at night if you want a break form the tables:mad: Great live music.... Oh you also have to visit fat Elvis beside flamingos during the day also - great craic...

Guaranteed - you will not sleep for more that 10 hours for the whole week:eek: Oxygen city.:D

Going back next year for Paddy's day.. can't wait.

Enjoy.
    --STATTO-- wrote: »

MY MAIN QUESTIONS ARE.

Thanks for all the advise and info lads it sounds all good,if any1 else has anymore suggestions or advice it would be appreciated....

just want to give this a bump......... any more suggestions or advise would be good..:D

can we bump a few nails in this threads' coffin? i think enough people on boards now know that some randomer has friends and is going to vegas..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

jesus relax he is only looking for a bit of advice

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

can we bump a few nails in this threads' coffin? i think enough people on boards now know that some randomer has friends and is going to vegas..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW!!!!!!! R we jealous cos he's got friends?????? relax, he's just tryin 2 get some advice!!!

• Advertisement

deccy15 wrote: »
    WOW!!!!!!! R we jealous cos he's got friends?????? relax, he's just tryin 2 get some advice!!!

to karpov's echo...fair enough i've been a bit harsh...but surely he has the capacity to use google rather than asking people to make up stories for him...i just don't see the validity of this thread and think it's just an attention seeker with nothing else to do........BUMP!!:D

to karpov's echo...fair enough i've been a bit harsh...but surely he has the capacity to use google rather than asking people to make up stories for him...i just don't see the validity of this thread and think it's just an attention seeker with nothing else to do........BUMP!!:D

In fairness all the OP is asking for is advice and info from people who were there and know something about Vegas. I had a similar thread here when I hit Vegas for the first time and the members were very helpful and no one was accusing me of trying to let them all know that I was heading to Vegas. Just like Statto, I was excited at the prospect of going to Vegas and I wanted to find out as much info as possible regarding places to avoid, juicy cash games etc...
    No harm done imo and if everyone were to bash people over trivial posts then whats the point.

In fairness all the OP is asking for is advice and info from people who were there and know something about Vegas. I had a similar thread here when I hit Vegas for the first time and the members were very helpful and no one was accusing me of trying to let them all know that I was heading to Vegas. Just like Statto, I was excited at the prospect of going to Vegas and I wanted to find out as much info as possible regarding places to avoid, juicy cash games etc...
    No harm done imo and if everyone were to bash people over trivial posts then whats the point.

you think it's a trivial post? oh rite...

well anyways, i was just having a bit of craic with slatts..no harm intended but thanks for the speech...:cool:

you think it's a trivial post? oh rite...

well anyways, i was just having a bit of craic with slatts..no harm intended but thanks for the speech...:cool:

your very welcome mate....and if you want some forum manners i'm sure there's a few others who would gladly show you the way.

Advertisement