Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 VW Caddy Remote Central Locking

Options
  • 15-05-2009 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Folks

I bought a 2006 VW caddy tdi in January, I'm just wondering if there is supposed to be remote central locking, the key I when I open the drivers door opens all the other doors in the Van but I was wondering if it should have a remote central locking and if not is it expensive to get it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is there buttons on the key(s)? If not you more than likely dont have it.

I had remote locking fitted on a Focus before - the car had it but the remote key went missing and was replaced with a non remote key. Got it done for €120 and came with 2 remote fobs. Only took an hour too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Did you get one or two keys with it?

We have a 2006 Caddy here in work, one key has the transmitters for remote locking the other key does not (i.e. just a standard car key). But as far as I am aware they all have remote central locking standard - Don't take this as fact.

We have a 09 too and that came with two remote keys

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

As i work for a small/tight company were a penny is a penny, we've had 2 of the new type caddy's so standard lads bought there own floor mats. They came with 2 keys one flip type key with remote for unlocking the doors and a standard key. These come as standard so whoever sold you the van needs to part with the main key!
    One van was a 08 the other a 05.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fairky

hmmm I got 2 keys one has a button but its a light and the other is a standard key, I would go to VW but I would say they will charge me an arm and a leg, mind you if I ring them and ask in the parts section they might be able to tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fairky

I called VW there and they informed me that my Van should have came with a remote flip key. And for me to order a new one would cost €230. I was wondering if i got a key from a scrap dealer and cut the key bit off would they be able to program the button for my Van. The main cost of the €230 was the key

Key €160 +VAT
    Program Key . €75

• Advertisement
Advertisement