Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN BAND SEEKS DRUMMER!!

Options
  • 14-05-2009 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey! I am a 21 yr old bassist, singer and songwriter. My brother is 20 a lead guitarist, singer and songwriter in a band called Milk. We began posting our songs on youtube a few weeks ago and recieved an incredible response! Some of the songs are already over 1000 views and we already have a growing following particularly in Dublin. We really need a good solid drummer however preferably between 18 and 25. Here's one of our tunes on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS5mcyKoEX8&feature=channel_page
    We play a wide variety of stuff from blues to soul to poprock. Check out our tunes anyway and anyone whos interested get in touch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mulley

Hey there,

My name is Alan, I'm a 23 year old drummer.I'm based in Meath but have transport & my own gear (acoustic drums & V-drums). I have been playing drums for 7 years (on/off) but have recently got back into playing. I am a solid drummer, I don't like to overplay, just whatever makes a song sound good! I'm into pop/ r 'n' b drumming so I like to play groove but can also play heavy if needed.

Where do you rehearse? Do you have much material written?

If you are interested in having a jam, let me know.

Cheers,

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MadOKO899

Hey Alan!

That all sounds really good! You're description of your
    drumming style sounds perfect! We have loads of material
    written ourselves probably about 15 decent songs. Theres
    only two of us in the band at the moment myself and my
    brother but our house could be used for rehearsing. Here's
    some more links to our songs if you wanna hear the range of
    stuff we play;

A Cover We Did of a John Mayer Song;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51RUAAqhf54&feature=channel_page

An Original (this is probably our most pop tune)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwpG_EdGo_Q&feature=channel

A Cover of an Eric Clapton Song 'Old Love'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yT4cDFkDk&feature=channel

Cheers! Donal

Hi Donal,

I'm way ahead of you, I have been checking out your songs this morning on Youtube & they are class (covers & originals). ''Weak in the knees'' you could release this song as a single, it's class!

So where are you based? Have you any idea what the plan is for the band?

I have no samples of my drumming but I am solid & very dedicated. I would like to be able to pack my 9-5 job in someday to play music full time.

Drop me a mail back & we can arrange a jam if that's cool.
    I'm free any weeknight & every weekend.

Cheers, Alan

We're in Dublin 15 Carpenterstown. Where are you yourself? Both of us are doing college exams at the moment but we're finished 28th May so we're available any time for a jam after then?

We like alot of blues guitarist guys like Clapton, Buddy Guy, BB King, and alot of jazz stuff too. But that stuff is not very popular:( so our overall plan musically is to make poprock songs that everyone can like but put elements of blues and jazz and r'n'b into them! Like in 'Weak In The Knees' we’re using jazz chords and the guitar solo is bluesy but the melody is quite pop.

Basically in the shortterm we just want to complete a band and get some gigging experience. But longterm we're serious about building a fanbase. We're big into using the internet to promote our music cause I think nowadays its real good way to get a following! :)

Cheers! Donal

Hey Donal,

Sorry I'm only getting back to you now, was away at the weekend & had no access to e-mail.

I'm based in Bettystown, Meath, but am willing to travel to play some good music.
    Would you guys be interested in renting a rehearsal room in city centre to have a jam after your exams?

Let me know if you are interested or if you think the distance is too far for the long run.

Cheers,

Alan

• Advertisement

Hey that sounds grand. No I don't think the distance will be too much of a problem. We'll give you a shout so on this thread in round a week and a half?:)

Cheers!
    Donal

Great stuff Donal, talk to you soon.

Cheers,

Alan

Hey Alan!

Are you still up for that jam in town?? We're free most days so whenever it suits you...:)

Advertisement