Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1983 Mario Bros repair question

Options
  • 14-05-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

stand up arcade question
    Hi,
    Posted this over in a different section and just found this area. Hopefully y'all can help me.

I recently moved back to IReland and brought a full size arcade machine back with me. I plugged it in using a transformer/adaptor from argos and I think I blew the machine. I thought I was using a step-down transformer but I guess it was just a plug adaptor.

The machine turned on and then there was a pop and it won't power on now.

Do you think I have completely fried the machine or is it worth getting a step-down and trying again? If it is fried - does anyone know anywhere in Ireland to get an old 1983 Mario Bros arcade game repaired?

Thanks,
    Emmet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Could most likely be that the PSU crapped itself, should be handy enough to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Might be more then the PSU,you might have taken out the monitor board aswell,but start with the psu,I have Mario Bros machine,i have some spares aswell,If you can get the machine to me I can have a look.

Advertisement