Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Inter-county being an a**hole thread

Options
  • 14-05-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Well,its popped up lately in a few threads so I'll take this oppurtunity to start another really controversial/interesting thread

Let the county-bashing begin:

MAYO!MAYO!MAYO! (but dublin college hopefully)

Dublin's okay they have good schools,but they also invented skangers High Five for that guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

How many sets of traffic lights do you guys have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm a positive person normally but I hate Kerry people's arrogant personalities. Just because you have a good football team does not give you any right to think you own the country.

Ye need a kick in the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I'm a positive person normally but I hate Kerry people's arrogant personalities. Just because you have a good football team does not give you any right to think you own the country.

Ye need a kick in the arse
    Think we own the country?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Woopsies, think its mostly mine and DanDan6592's fault for all this county bashing!! Woo come on sligo!! And the west in general :D:D Good to see theres more of us in here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Everyone from outside Dublin,

just be thankful for the PRIVILEGE of being able to share a means of contact with people from the capital city of Ireland.

end of story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm from Wicklow...can't really say too much bout anywhere else:D

All I know is West>>>>>>>>>>East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Woopsies, think its mostly mine and DanDan's fault for all this county bashing!! Woo come on sligo!! And the west in general :D:D Good to see theres more of us in here :P

Ye tis our fault isn't it:P:):cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055559610&page=2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055462060&page=33

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055462060&page=34

Altho in fairness I did most of the aggrivation
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

obl wrote: »
    How many sets of traffic lights do you guys have?

None at all, our futuristic city-planning means that like Brasilia we don't have traffic problems.

Joking aside there are actually quite a few in Mayo, however Leitrim had none at all until a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Donegal donegal!

Oh yes, we may be farmers but we know how to build roads! :)

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Donegal donegal!

Oh yes, we may be farmers but we know how to build roads! :)

You mean Jim McDaid gets roads built for ye ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Donegal donegal!

*drools* I love the Donegal accent to bits, it's sexy as funk!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

:P:D Yup, this thread can thank us for the inspiration!! You forgot my personal favourite tho:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59801836#post59801836

:cool:

I've melted a few hearts with my natural lilt...

We donegal people know how to charm..

I'm partial to a bit of the mayo/galway accents actually... or any accents from the west really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I literally only found out that the counties outside of dublin were relatively (use that word loosely) modern. Of course there is Cork, our little baby-city. I just thought we had a motorway straight from Dublin to Cork so we could avoid the riff-raff..

There are maybe 2 counties outside of Dublin that are adequate (Reluctantly besides Cork). Donegal and Mayo

Donegal- No other reason I like this place other than the fact that when I was in the Gaeltacht 2 years ago there was a really cool beach... Other than that, the shop beside our house was still selling cans of Coke with the 2002 World Cup promotions on it (This was in 2007)

Mayo- Wesport smells like flowers

The Dublin-surrounding counties are all just Dublin Wannabies. This includes Louth, Wicklow, Kildare and Kilkenny*

*Kilkenny replaces Meath as a Dublin Wannabe for 3 reasons:
    1)They wish they were a city
    2)Meath smells like Raw Sewage
    3)That ridiculous Super Sweet Sixteen episode with the girl from Kilkenny who tried so hard to put on a D4 accent that I thought she was Greek for a good 15 minutes

Dublin is the best. Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous and not from Dublin and is obviously from a surrounding county or Cork..or any of the wasteland in between Ireland's 5 Cities.

We in Dublin are an extremely modest people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The vast majority of Ireland is quite nice (Contrary to popular belief!) but driving through Westmeath is like driving back in time to a simpler way of life.............

Fad wrote: »
    The vast majority of Ireland is quite nice (Contrary to popular belief!) but driving through Westmeath is like driving back in time to a simpler way of life.............

Then you hit Mullinagar or Athlone and its like stepping into downtown Baghdad... Machete fights ftw :D

The credible counties of The REPUBLIC of Ireland (feck sake)=

1. Dublin because it's great

2. Cork because of Roy Keane and many other sporting heroes

3. Donegal because of the accent and surfing

4. Galway because it's a nice place and something like 30% of the population are students.

As for the other 22, only a handful of which I can name, FECK OFF!

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    As for the other 22, only a handful of which I can name, FECK OFF.

You clearly have trouble naming counties when you forget the entire existence of 6 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You clearly have trouble naming counties when you forget the entire existence of 6 of them.

Last time I checked, we dont have a united Ireland................yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

he referred to the counties of Ireland, of which there are 32, if he had said republic it would be a different matter...

• Advertisement

Whether or not they are under the authority of the Republic they are still Irish counties. Let me put it this way, when Ireland was under British rule nobody would have denied that all 32 counties were counties of Ireland despite he fact they were under the rule of the British government. Now that only 6 of those counties remain part of the UK why shouldnt they still be considered counties of Ireland? Whether your Republican or Unionist, or anything in between, you can't argue with the fact that they remain counties of Ireland.

Sorry for going so far off topic :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Meh I find its hit and miss, I love a low tone Northern accent,but alot of Donegal people have shrill-naseley ones (:mad:)
    Mayo- Wesport smells like flowers
    Cant argue with that :P
    We in Dublin are an extremely modest people
    :confused:
    The credible counties of Ireland=

1. Dublin because it's great

Care to explain?

I dunno,you can see it both way's Skanger's originate from Dublin,Culchies/Farmers from the West/Cork/Kerry. People from Dublin have (in most case's) have no idea of the actual breathtaking beauty of the countryside/nature (Croagh Patrick,for instance)

Where as culchies can never understand the coolness of city life in Dublin/etc and amenties available.

TL;DR Version

Irish people are always very proud of where there from,so dont bothar having an argument of which is better,it will only end in tears and blood :D

After all we are a nation of begrudgers! :rolleyes:
    C'est la vie!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Everyone from outside Dublin,

just be thankful for the PRIVILEGE of being able to share a means of contact with people from the capital city of Ireland.

end of story
    Oh, I'd be perfectly happy if the only way I was in contact with them was through Boards ... and even at that they should really be restricted to the Dub-a-lin forums ... >_>

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

donmeister wrote: »
    People from Dublin have (in most case's) have no idea of the actual breathtaking beauty of the countryside/nature (Croagh Patrick,for instance)
    Why would we need to leave the county to do that? We can just download high-quality videos of them on our faster/existent broadband connections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

that one from kilkenny just couldnt supress her country tongue!

cocoa wrote: »
    he referred to the counties of Ireland, of which there are 32, if he had said republic it would be a different matter...
    Whether or not they are under the authority of the Republic they are still Irish counties. Let me put it this way, when Ireland was under British rule nobody would have denied that all 32 counties were counties of Ireland despite he fact they were under the rule of the British government. Now that only 6 of those counties remain part of the UK why shouldnt they still be considered counties of Ireland? Whether your Republican or Unionist, or anything in between, you can't argue with the fact that they remain counties of Ireland.

Sorry for going so far off topic :o

Does it really matter? Was only joking anyeway. I don't have aproblem with any of the counties in Ireland tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Then you hit Mullinagar or Athlone and its like stepping into downtown Baghdad... Machete fights ftw :D

What you saying 'bout Mullingar mofo!? I'm half Mullingarese and half Dublinese, feckin' bogger dad.:D You'd be happy to know he was born and buttered in Dalton Park, the heart of all of Westmeaths problems.:pac:
    Meh I find its hit and miss, I love a low tone Northern accent,but alot of Donegal people have shrill-naseley ones (:mad:)

Don't diss the Donegal accent!!:mad:

:D

Care to explain?

I dunno,you can see it both way's Skanger's originate from Dublin,Culchies/Farmers from the West/Cork/Kerry. People from Dublin have (in most case's) have no idea of the actual breathtaking beauty of the countryside/nature (Croagh Patrick,for instance)

Where as culchies can never understand the coolness of city life in Dublin/etc and amenties available.

I really regret posting in this thread now!

Again I was joking. Don't mean to offend. I said Dublin no.1 cause I'm from Dublin, simple as.

:)

I think dublin is smelly, over crowded and lost it's irishness...

It's all put on cos of the tourists

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Whenever I was travellling up to Dublin when I was younger (from Kerry myself) I always thought half the towns on the way up seemed like horrible places to live. Not really speaking from experience here but I'd say the midlands are a bit sh1t...

That super sweet 16 thing was brilliant, the standard of acting breathtaking!:pac:

Advertisement