Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get razorback musk terrapins?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to get this in the dublin/meath/louth area. I tried reptile haven but he's not sure when he'll have them back in. thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hey ,

It's very unusal to see terrapins other than res or ybs in pet shops in ireland.
    From time to time you might see them but it can be quite unusual.

Your best bet would be to ring around a couple of different pet shops and ask and in the cases of some very good pet shops they will be able to order them in for you.

i know down in Cork there is one pet shop that could order them in but that may be a little bit too far to travel :)

Have you previously cared for turts before?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Nope this will be the first time. I kinda wanted razorbacks because they tend to stay small. I can get ybs but i know they can grow very big and i'm worried about having to get new tanks for them and about space for the tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

fintastic aquatics in dunlaoighaire will have some in roughly 3 weeks, and since they get them from the same place ben does i recon he will be the same,

good luck with your searching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

I'd stick with Reptile Haven to be honest, it's the oldest reptile shop in south of the border so Ben knows what he's talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Nope this will be the first time. I kinda wanted razorbacks because they tend to stay small. I can get ybs but i know they can grow very big and i'm worried about having to get new tanks for them and about space for the

I'm glad to see your informed about the car and set up of turts.
    You prob have searched already but here is an info sheet on razorbacks http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/cs-razrbk.htm

Also if you have any questions on how to set up the tank, feeding, health issues etc... I always found www.turtleforum.com to be extremely helpful.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

jen_23 wrote: »
    I'm glad to see your informed about the car and set up of turts.
    You prob have searched already but here is an info sheet on razorbacks http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/cs-razrbk.htm

Also if you have any questions on how to set up the tank, feeding, health issues etc... I always found www.turtleforum.com to be extremely helpful.

Best of luck :)
    thanks for the info. I got YBS in the end so i'll deal with getting bigger tans etc as it comes along :) and i've already joined the forum but thank you :)

Advertisement