Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxers Breeding / Rehoming

Options
  • 14-05-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭

Has anyone any EXPERIENCE in rehoming Boxers. Would appreciate shared stories and views.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

I have rehomed two boxers, one was dumped outside my house :mad::mad: a brindle girl aged about 8 0r 9, she was bred from ( knew by her tits hanging to the ground and still ahd some milk in them) then tossed aside, her nails were not trimmed she had mange was underweight etc... horrible thinking of it, after six months she was like a new girl again full of life and spayed also. SHe got on great with males but was a bit aggressive towards other females. Sadly she had cancer and died about three months later ( at least tho she had 9 good months) only thing was she was hard to train ( through no fault of her own, but after some consistent time and effort she came around a bit.

Also rehomed a male boxer for a family in dublin who's circumstances changed, a lovely male, great with other dogs, well trained, now neutured has thrived as a pack member with our other dogs, and he is a pleasure. Still happy out and enjoying life with us.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

cloudy day wrote: »
    Has anyone any EXPERIENCE in rehoming Boxers. Would appreciate shared stories and views.
    In adopting them or homing one to someone?
    I homed a beautiful Boxer girl to a great home in Co. Clare, she had a litter 6 months previous and the breeder kept one of her pups, sold the others and decided to get rid of mammy. He drove part of the journey towards me and handed her over to me at a garage- no questions asked:mad: I could've been anyone! And so could he....
    By her condition I could tell she was well taken care of- just not part of the family.
    She's spayed now, and very happy in her new home where she's an only dog....

I don't think that's the kind of story you had in mind CloudyDay?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would advise that you be very careful of who you are dealing with if trying to rehome a boxer in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

thanks socket.

Boxers have always been my number one dogs. I've had a few over the years.

All stories appreciated as they tend to have happy endings. I've rehomed a number of dogs over the years. some I've bought which have been in bad condition.

I took in a pair of boxers for a man that needed to "rehome" them. about a week ago (won't say where from) Absolutely beautiful they are. But how do I put it, they look crippled, for want of a better word. Now they were in a very small back yard, so at the moment I'm putting it down to lack of exercise and poor nutrition, as they are thin. They have super temperaments. and get on well with the other dogs. Not "mad" at all. the dog is actually very well bred.

We have a large stone yard and when the dog walks it like he's going "ouch". He's an absolute darling of a boy. the bitch also seems to be a bit tender on the stone. but when they go down the field onto soft ground they look a bit improved. She's come on a bit, putting on weight.

I'm just wondering whether or not there may be some hip dysplasia. In all my life of owning dogs I've never had any with serious health problems. I'm hoping good grub and exercise will get them back on track.

what do you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 richievo5

cloudy day wrote: »
    thanks socket.

Boxers have always been my number one dogs. I've had a few over the years.

All stories appreciated as they tend to have happy endings. I've rehomed a number of dogs over the years. some I've bought which have been in bad condition.

I took in a pair of boxers for a man that needed to "rehome" them. about a week ago (won't say where from) Absolutely beautiful they are. But how do I put it, they look crippled, for want of a better word. Now they were in a very small back yard, so at the moment I'm putting it down to lack of exercise and poor nutrition, as they are thin. They have super temperaments. and get on well with the other dogs. Not "mad" at all. the dog is actually very well bred.

We have a large stone yard and when the dog walks it like he's going "ouch". He's an absolute darling of a boy. the bitch also seems to be a bit tender on the stone. but when they go down the field onto soft ground they look a bit improved. She's come on a bit, putting on weight.

I'm just wondering whether or not there may be some hip dysplasia. In all my life of owning dogs I've never had any with serious health problems. I'm hoping good grub and exercise will get them back on track.

what do you think.

I am looking for a boxer puppy , i woouldnt mind rehoming one , if anyone knows of where i can find them ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement