Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

file causing crash while scanning

Options
  • 14-05-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I have a dll file that is crashing the computer when I run a virus scan or even click it. The file is located in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and as far as I can make out is a printer driver file which I don't use. I am not able to straight foward delete it as selecting it will cause a crash. I have tried using command prompt to list the driver list but it doesn't show on its list. Anybody have any advice

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

You have not mentioned if the suspect programme is still listed in the add/remove of windows.if it is there is a great free programme called Revo uninstaller available from downloads.com.It goes much further than windows add/remove in windows,it removes ALL traces of a programme(ever come across *bits* of uninstalled programmes in windows explorer,actually did you ever not come across leftover bits:))

If the main programme is gone You could try the free programme* Hijack this*

I dont like to recommend this programme as if somebody takes a chance and *gueses* what to delete they can destroy their operating system.
    used properly there has never been a problem unsolved on a PC with hijack this.

download it,run a scan,save the scan results,then upload them to the hugh online support community.
    with patience they will sort it for you.

good luck!

Advertisement