Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going to san fran/hawaii should i wait to buy ipod?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi guys, left my ipod on a plane last week and now need to buy another one. im looking at getting the 120g version but im going to the states in 4 weeks. Should i wait till i go to get one, would it work out cheaper over there? although that plane journey to san fran will be a long one to go without an ipod....
    any advice on where to get one cheap in san fran or Hawaii would be appreciated also.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dollar v Euro alone will save you about €40 which is about 20% saved for you.
    I was in Orlando in August and went to lots of malls etc, but I didn't see any great variations on Apple product prices TBH. 3 stores in San Fran and another 3 in Hawaii - Check the Apple.com website for details. Ask them if they have any refurbs when you visit the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

may sound stupid but if i buy a macbook in the states will it work here in ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes, but you'll have to get a plug adaptor, and it'll be an american keyboard, not a euro one. Plus you may have to add in a little matter of 21.5% VAT in Ireland......:p

Advertisement