Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warranty and servicing

Options
  • 14-05-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,059 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Kia Pro'ceed that is due for its first service. Does anyone know if i have to get it serviced in a Kia garage in order to keep the warranty, or can i get it done in any garage?

The nearest Kia garage is a bit of a drive from my house, so if I can get it done anywhere it would make things a lot easier. Would there be an issue with getting it stamped or anything like that? Was thinking of getting it serviced at a Windsor Motors garage as there is one fairly close and the girlfriend and here family always go there. My family get them serviced by an independent, and i'm not sure how that would sit with the warranty on the car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can have it serviced anywhere without voiding the warranty, as long as OEM parts are used. If it were my car, though, i'd just bring it to a Kia dealer - it makes things much easier if you do need warranty work. I'm sure the dealer would give you a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I would also stay in the KIA network as long as you can while under warranty. It would be shame to void that juicy warranty by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,059 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

True - i'll give the place I bought it in a ring, see if they can lend me the car for the day they are doing the service. I only have one day off soon that I could get someone to follow me in, and that is the Friday before I go on holiday, so if they don't get it finished on that day I can't collect it for 2 weeks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

You shouldnt have any problems with the warranty by getting it serviced outside the Kia network. As long as its a main dealer you'll be fine. Make sure you get something that says exactly whats been done to the car and get the service book stamped.

What Windsor dealer is it?

You shouldnt have any problems with the warranty by getting it serviced outside the Kia network. As long as its a main dealer you'll be fine. Make sure you get something that says exactly whats been done to the car and get the service book stamped.

What Windsor dealer is it?

Windsor in Bray would be the one I go to, if i go that route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

KIA give a 7 year warrenty, id imaging you would want to read the terms and conditions of it carefully or they will only have to honour the first 2years as is the EU legal minimum warrenty for a new car.

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    KIA give a 7 year warrenty, id imaging you would want to read the terms and conditions of it carefully or they will only have to honour the first 2years as is the EU legal minimum warrenty for a new car.

beyond servicing at the stated intervals, it doesn't seem to state what i have to do to keep the warranty. Been through the manual and the warranty book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FrankieD

under european block exemption rules which govern your european warranty you can service the car where u like. you dont have to use OEM parts you just have to use parts that are recommended for the car. you could service the car yourself and warranty would still stand, but remember to keep all reciepts.

If you have any doubts contact SIMI, but beware KIa a shower of c**ts and will try get out of any warranty. I know this from personal expierience. Your dealing through a UK group that only have a small market share here with no irish base and they couldnt care less about aftersales. thats no offence meant to any KIA dealer

Advertisement