Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Paint

Options
  • 14-05-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

I''m looking to buy one of those spray can paints for a VW.

Can anyone recommend an online store for car paint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Few points to note.

You can't usually purchase aerosols from overseas (Airmail Policy).

If you have access to a spray gun/booth, you're local bodyshop should be able to mix you some if they have the equipment (a lot of them do).

If you're dead set on a spray can then Halfords probably have the biggest selection I'm afraid but don't expect a great match at all. Especially if it's metallic.

OP: Spend your next post well.. its number 666 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

I''m looking to buy one of those spray can paints for a VW.

Can anyone recommend an online store for car paint?

Unlikely you will get paint in aerosols delivered. But these folks will match your colour no problem. About 20€ a can. I'm sure the colour will be inside the rear spare wheel space on a sticker. For example, my Audi is LY3C ( i think).Unfortunately only a few stores in Ireland. Athy, Dublin and up North.

Anyway, here is the link ;) Vinny Byrnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Depending on what you need to do you can get touch up kits (paint and clear coat) from a VW garage - they only needed my reg rather than the colour code from the car. It was either 10 or 20 for the kit, I'm afraid it was a while ago when I got mine, so the price has faded in my memory! Fine for minor marks on door edges etc (bloody kids!)

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Depending on what you need to do you can get touch up kits (paint and clear coat) from a VW garage - they only needed my reg rather than the colour code from the car.

+1, it's the easiest solution.

The reg should be enough to return the colour code in any main dealer. The code is also printed on a sticker thats in the spare wheel well. It's a four digit code beginning with the letter L. See the example provided above by dodzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

thanks for the help. The paint is for a bumper trim which holds a piece of chromo. Some pikey ripped the chrome off. I got the replacements but the trim comes un-painted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Go to halfords with your paint code and they will mix you up the paint and put it in either a tin or a rattle can for you,i got some lovely LC9Z there not so long ago to paint a headlight washer cap on the Bora and the match was perfect.

Advertisement