Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1911 census online updated at last!!!

Options
  • 14-05-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Wahey!!! They offered a good explanation as to their delay.
    We have had a number of queries as to timescales for placing future counties online. We apologise for the delay in responding to you all.

Although we placed Antrim, Kerry and Down online in December, we encountered a number of errors in transcription, as well as some missing material. We have requested our partners to review the material with a view to improving accuracy. These three counties, with improved data quality, along with Cork, Donegal, Wexford, Galway and King’s County (Offaly) will be placed online by the end of May.

Rejoice :)

Read up: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/about/futureplans.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Brilliant thanks for that. Now I can find my Wexford relatives.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yeah, I saw that. I hope this works out in the timeline they provide. I'm really looking forward to having a few other counties online that I need. The prospect of 1901 online by the end of the year makes me look forward to Christmas though!! The 1901 is very difficult to search on microfilm.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'm waiting on Offaly myself :) am glad it has been bundled in. And as you say 1901 will be a treat! I have gone and spent hours through the microfilm and have learnt that it can wait! Save me the headache.

It was updated in the last few hours! Woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Thanks for the update! Just had a quick look and talk about an information overload - my head is spinning - and I am dealing with an uncommon name. :)

• Advertisement

An uncommon name - you lucky thing! Glad the search is going well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 memberofpublic

Oh, I've been waiting for this! Could sit here for hours looking through it. You think they'd let me help transcribe the rest? :) Not like I've anything else to do all summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Found my Wexford granny immediately and all her family. I hadn't known any of them except one grand aunt. With the Down and Dublin census returns now online it completes all my great-grandparent names and details. All of the information I had before was verified by the census.

Advertisement