Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegas thread for sticky?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

anyone else think there should be a sticky somewhere on here to do with vegas?
    my bad connection is annoying to use when there are like 6 different threads, would be cool to have all the info in one topic for a few weeks then it can be taken off, only and idea.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Vegas thread as sticky? 22 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

bump - there are even more threads opening, its a good idea to have one like

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

dougee19 wrote: »
    anyone else think there should be a sticky somewhere on here to do with vegas?
    my bad connection is annoying to use when there are like 6 different threads, would be cool to have all the info in one topic for a few weeks then it can be taken off, only and idea.
    Cheers,
    Michael

To be honest you are never going to stop randomers coming along with "I'm going to Vegas, has anyone been and wheres the best place to stay" style posts which you are complaining about. Some people will never use the search engine, or look at the first couple of pages of a forum to see if something is mentioned already.

A sticky in general would be good detailing 'how to get there, where to stay, play, eat, drink, dance, shag' etc, so we could direct the general queries to there. But lets be honest, to a man/woman we are all too lazy to put such a sticky together.

Over the next few weeks I don't think multiple threads is a problem anyway, for example Hawkeyes ,FreddieMay and MartySmyths adventures last year were high enough content to be well deserving of their own individual thread which they had.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A big sticky would have too little info over too many posts imo. I agree that there are probably too many threads on it, but if people can't think about using the search function they probably would not look for a sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Feel free to do a proper search and link all the best Vegas threads here and we'll discuss making a sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

All you need to know is degeneracy, gambling, hookers, blow, more the better.

Hawk Eye is a legend, top that you're a boards hero for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ste05 wrote: »
    Feel free to do a proper search and link all the best Vegas threads here and we'll discuss making a sticky.

How about having something like this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055092585

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I seem to remember there being a vegas thread in the tourney section or something last year.

Advertisement