Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps need to die!

Options
  • 14-05-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

A nest of the bastards appeared a few days. Ago it's still very small but i want the bloody thing gone. any advice on the best way to destroy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Sleipnir infratced for animal cruelty.

The rules state that discussion of removing vermin is allowed in a "humane" manner.

Microwaving them isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Sleipnir wrote: »
    My mates mum had this problem so he setup the hoover right beside the entrance to the hive and left it running for about two hours. Then, he (very carefully) removed the bagful of angry wasps and placed it in the microwave.

Or you could try a can of Raid if it's still a small nest.
    Our hoover is tiny and we don't have a microwave. It's a student gaff in italy.
    The can of raid i will try though, the nest is still small. It's only been there for about 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

My mates mum had this problem so he setup the hoover right beside the entrance to the hive and left it running for about two hours. Then, he (very carefully) removed the bagful of angry wasps and placed it in the microwave.

That's one of the most disgusting things I've ever read on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Alun.
    No place for this here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

Or you could try a can of Raid if it's still a small nest.

jesus.......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

You can overdo it with animal-loving.

Wasps might be useful predators as in insect pest control but they might be dangerous for children and pets. Even for adults.

My neighbour's dog was killed bei wasps which gone wild and attacked the dog who run away and died painfully somewhere in the field - covered with hungry poisonous wasps.

In our civilized world there is hardly any room for nature's own. You have to control it.

I would kill the bastards, which way ever. They don't have any other natural enimies anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

palaver wrote: »
    You can overdo it with animal-loving.

Wasps might be useful predators as in insect pest control but they might be dangerous for children and pets. Even for adults.

My neighbour's dog was killed bei wasps which gone wild and attacked the dog who run away and died painfully somewhere in the field - covered with hungry poisonous wasps.

In our civilized world there is hardly any room for nature's own. You have to control it.

I would kill the bastards, which way ever. They don't have any other natural enimies anymore.

Firstly, I don't believe your story. Secondly, plenty of birds eat wasps, such as Thrushes. Stop making stuff up and stop the scare mongering.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Enough of the cruelty stuff.

The rules are that its ok to discuss removing vermin in a humane way.

In my opinion microwaving them is not a humane way of killing anything.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement